GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

B1mmer

Ready to race!
He’s located in Goldsboro, NC. About and hour and some change south east of Raleigh. His company is called Eleven Bravo Customs. They mainly paint firearms, but have also been getting started doing auto parts.
Interesting. How long did it take him to do it if you don’t mind? It really is a very nice job. - AB

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I went with prodigywerks on my last car and I would never suggest them to anyone. Fitment issues galore, and while they have US sales presence, customer service seemed to work on Taiwan hours and all parts I ordered had to go through customs from Taiwan. Nothing against that except that it made everything take so much longer. (And I went through several sets of caliper brackets, bolts, and lines as they were clearly re-designing them for a car they shouldn't have been selling them for yet).

Either go cheap/OEM like this or invest in an actual BBK from a brand name with actual US distribution that's developed the caliper for your car.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I went with prodigywerks on my last car and I would never suggest them to anyone. Fitment issues galore, and while they have US sales presence, customer service seemed to work on Taiwan hours and all parts I ordered had to go through customs from Taiwan. Nothing against that except that it made everything take so much longer. (And I went through several sets of caliper brackets, bolts, and lines as they were clearly re-designing them for a car they shouldn't have been selling them for yet).

Either go cheap/OEM like this or invest in an actual BBK from a brand name with actual US distribution that's developed the caliper for your car.

Reminds me of when my friend with a Chinese BBK for his M5. He was told they would fit the stock M5 wheels, and they even gave him a template to measure. Only issue is the template was incorrect, and we spent the whole day installing and bleeding the calipers, rotors and lines, and when we went to install the wheels the calipers were way too big.

We ended up having to pull the calipers back off and he just rolled the car outside and let it sit there till he was able to spend another $2k+ on bigger wheels and tires.

blinky814

Car(s)
2016 GTI
Interesting. How long did it take him to do it if you don’t mind? It really is a very nice job. - AB
Only took him about 3 or 4 days from start to finish. Pretty quick turnaround from the time he began blasting, to packing to send back to me. And UPS only took 2 days to deliver to me in Michigan.

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI

How long ago was this and what car did you get them for? I haven't done a crazy amount of research looking for reviews for them but you're the first one I've come across that sounded like they've had this issue. If it was many years ago Im sure this was when they were still an infant company and have since worked out all those particular issues.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
This was in 2019. An e90 335i, not exactly an exotic platform. I gave up on them after waiting for a 3rd set of caliper brackets for the rears that never showed up and they wanted me to pay for rear lines that fit (the brakes included lines, but the rears were clearly for the wrong car).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The thing that drew me to the Macsn calipers is that it's an OEM part. There's a certain level of quality that you expect. Like an OEM plus type upgrade.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The thing that drew me to the Macsn calipers is that it's an OEM part. There's a certain level of quality that you expect. Like an OEM plus type upgrade.
I swore off dealing with caliper brackets, if this gets me decent pedal feel with a lighter, top-loading caliper with super common pad options, it's hard to ask for more. Crossing my fingers my car has the 25.4mm m/c I guess

B1mmer

Ready to race!
I agree. Sticking with OEM options usually lead to pretty solid results.

After doing some local research, I found a powder coating place that would do the calipers for $100 in total if I broke them down. Considering I needed to put in the high temp seals in anyway, that was no problem. I pulled all of the pistons, seals, hard lines, bleeders and the bolts that hold the half’s together. I left the threaded mount inserts in, as I didn’t have a caliper mount bolt handy to pound them out and they were likely pressed in. He said most his clients just powder coat them.

I dropped them off today and should have them back on Wednesday. I’ll post up some pictures then. - AB

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
I have the prodigywerks cr4 caliper on a tdi 288 to 312 upgrade. I went with their brake lines as well and am super happy. Ordered around Black Friday and had them before christmas. Gabe always responded by the following day to any questions. Thanks again to Blade for the install tips. Everything was super straight forward and the hardest part was trying to find the triple square for the rears mid brake change. (Thought I had one. Five stores and two hours later...)
109DE255-9FD9-4CD5-8732-EEA0836C90F7.jpeg
4E5EDAA6-7D2F-4121-89CF-E9F82B57519F.jpeg

blinky814

Car(s)
2016 GTI
I have the prodigywerks cr4 caliper on a tdi 288 to 312 upgrade. I went with their brake lines as well and am super happy. Ordered around Black Friday and had them before christmas. Gabe always responded by the following day to any questions. Thanks again to Blade for the install tips. Everything was super straight forward and the hardest part was trying to find the triple square for the rears mid brake change. (Thought I had one. Five stores and two hours later...)
View attachment 203135View attachment 203136
I love your wheels! I’ve been wanting a set of these or the RF05RR. But, I haven’t been able to confirm yet that they will fit over the Macan calipers. I emailed Superspeed, but I’m still waiting on a response. What offset are your wheels? How much clearance (at the largest gap) between the caliper and the spokes?

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
View attachment 203135View attachment 203136
Wow looks really good, can you go into detail about how they initially performed after install, did you need to tweak with any braking modules in OBD11, anything you needed to do out of the ordinary when bleeding them and did they give a firm pedal afterwards, do the calipers use the same OEM size pad etc.? What install tips were given? I will be getting this setup very soon and glad to hear the install was pretty easy to do.

spaparizos

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport
So I was reaching out to Zeckhausen Racing to get the Ferodo DS3.12 for the OEM calipers, and told him that I was switching from Macan back to the OEM, and he asked if it was a race series issue or something else. Dave was super and has tons of information, and knows all things brakes.

Curious did you end up buying the DS3.12? What was your experience?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I love your wheels! I’ve been wanting a set of these or the RF05RR. But, I haven’t been able to confirm yet that they will fit over the Macan calipers. I emailed Superspeed, but I’m still waiting on a response. What offset are your wheels? How much clearance (at the largest gap) between the caliper and the spokes?
Superspeed told me I'd have to run an et35 for the macan template, which is a hard pass personally.