GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I definitely have a MC that's going or something. I'll start a track session with a nice firm pedal, and as the day progresses, my pedal will basically be at the floor.

Bled multiple times and nothing on the lines and calipers seem to be leaking.

Anyone have any other suggestions before I get the MC changed?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Can anyone confirm they were able to get the following to work with OBDEleven? I was able to tweak the other two settings, but this one doesn’t seem to give me the necessary access:

“03 abs module Brake booster security code 25001. Factory setting 4, most use 2, I like 3. Edit, finally set this to 2. Feels much better.”

Any help is appreciated!

Try all the different access codes. I know that I didn't use 25001 as it wasn't even one of the ones OBDEleven listed out

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
I definitely have a MC that's going or something. I'll start a track session with a nice firm pedal, and as the day progresses, my pedal will basically be at the floor.

Bled multiple times and nothing on the lines and calipers seem to be leaking.

Anyone have any other suggestions before I get the MC changed?
I was actually concerned about the rest of the system not being able to handle this upgrade. I hadn't seen any info with it being an issue, but still curios.

jtsherri

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
That was the code that worked for me, I mentioned it a few pages back.

That was it!

This project, as well as a few others, are finally done! This upgrade was definitely a no-brainer for the $$ - thanks to all who figured out the path to make it happen and anyone who answered questions I had along the way.

61764762002__4A0FD4CB-B2FE-45F9-869E-050764BE2766.jpeg

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I was actually concerned about the rest of the system not being able to handle this upgrade. I hadn't seen any info with it being an issue, but still curios.

I think I'm the only one with this issue. Several others here that have tracked with the Macan calipers without issues.

Think my issue started with the stock brakes, but the issues got exaggerated and noticeable with the bigger brakes

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think I'm the only one with this issue. Several others here that have tracked with the Macan calipers without issues.

Think my issue started with the stock brakes, but the issues got exaggerated and noticeable with the bigger brakes

I've heard putting ABS settings back to normal can help with the soft pedal at end of a session.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
how do you go about doing that?

You can reset all the adaptions with obd11.

Go up ABS module>basic settings>reset all adaption values.

Screenshot_20200728-194404_OBDeleven.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
it's also where you find engage haldex, which you should do after making haldex adaption changes or changing haldex fluid.