GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
It's a bit of an odd angle I was measuring... If it's super close, let me know and I'll get a better measurement.

emichel6888

Go Kart Champion
Any help guys? Maybe someone could check while they are swapping pads..?

Thanks!

Here you go, it is hard to get extremely accurate, but looks like about 56 mm or a little over 2" 3/16 give or take

caliper to rotor top.jpg

caliper to rotor lower.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
View attachment 179428
Got these beauties back from the powder coater today and couldn’t be happier with the results.

Anyone have any idea what the torque-spec is to reassemble them??

I pick mine up tomorrow morning, hope they turned out as well as yours.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
20200714_113809.jpg

Waiting on my Brembo stickers but came out good.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pics of the GT3 ducts installed. I killed the thread for the DIY, because the internet experts turned it into a crap show. After a week of driving on the street though, I will say don't use these if you're lowered. I've already broken one of them. No difference in gas mileage noted, but they scrape over minor bumps in the road. Not ideal.

But, I guess that works out well from a testing standpoint. I'm going to order the RS3 deflectors and install on the one side and keep GT3 on the other and try to do some testing. I'm thinking 70 to 5mph 3 times in a row, with about 15 sec of cruising. I don't have a fancy thermal camera, but I do have an IR thermometer. I'll get temps at three points on the rotor, inside to outside, then repeat to get the other side .

Anyway, here's the pics of the trimming and mounting of the GT3 deflectors.

If you have a better idea for testing or think the trimming should be different, let me know, I have an extra set of GT3 deflectors.

Stock piece

20200705_124533.jpg

Trimmed and drilled

20200705_124456.jpg

Fitted to the car. I've since trimmed those 2 tabs you see in the middle.

20200705_131738.jpg

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Uh not sure, probably not?

There's several other people here that have gotten theirs powedercoated and are in the States.

@jtsherri @Escape Hatch ?

Yup, my guy is here in NC. I took mine apart (only seals, dust boots, pistons, bleeders, and lines) before bringing to him. Do not think separating the halves is detrimental (guessing) to the caliper when powder coating or am I wrong?

jtsherri

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Yup, my guy is here in NC. I took mine apart (only seals, dust boots, pistons, bleeders, and lines) before bringing to him. Do not think separating the halves is detrimental (guessing) to the caliper when powder coating or am I wrong?

My guy wasn't interested in disassembly, but it's just as easy as you described. Gotta be careful with the finish of the coating of the cylinders and obviously the rubber bits, but I'd never done it before and made short work of it. Also gave me the opportunity to use a higher quality grease, too. If I were to do it again, I'm not sure I'd split the halves, since I'm not sure they came out any better (though, no worse) by doing so.

those are fire!

Thanks! Here they are reassembled and ready-to-go:

IMG_1556.jpeg

Still interested in the torque spec of the e-torx bolts that hold the halves together, if anyone has that handy.