GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The caliper should work with a 370mm rotor given you have no issues with your wheels clearing I believe (Don’t hold me to that). If you refer to the first page some vehicles that use similar pads also run a 370mm rotor.

No they do not. You have to use 340mm (though some pads have overhang) or 345mm mk6 R rotors. This is all spelled out in the first post of the thread. Pad has no merit on caliper mounting, which is what determines what size rotor you can use.

jtsherri

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Curious to know what alternatives (if any) exist for dust shields. I'm not opposed to flattening the OEM parts currently on my R, but would almost prefer to buy replacements and include my OEM parts with the sale of the stock setup. Thanks!

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Curious to know what alternatives (if any) exist for dust shields. I'm not opposed to flattening the OEM parts currently on my R, but would almost prefer to buy replacements and include my OEM parts with the sale of the stock setup. Thanks!

RS3 dust shields...using 370mm rotors

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I totally understand why, but it's not really that big of a deal.

EliteRyderr

Hello,

I am in Canada and i'm trying to get the lines made but the line builder wants to know the exact name of fittings and dimensions for :

Need 24" custom brake lines.
Hard line side 2016 Audi S3.
Needs the fitting to secure line to the knuckle.
Caliper side 2014 Audi S4.

Does anybody knowledgeable enough can provide this info?

Thanks

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Would the Macans fit with my wheels? Don't have additional measurements yet.

PP calipers currently installed. That's my medium sized index finger in there.

What wheels? Size and offset?

jtsherri

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Favor to ask of anyone who is currently pending installation of *or* has disassembled/rebuilt their calipers:

It looks like there are two different styles of pistons in these (see below). The first set is darker in color (dark grey/black finish) and the bottom is mostly smooth. The second set is lighter in color (more silver/bronze in color) and the bottom has a circular groove around it that’s appx. 1/8” wide and 3/32” deep. There are four of each, so it’s not easy to identify if they should pair up according to the halves or if one of each should go in to each half.

E3376FAA-247C-4857-90B9-A7405FC8BFA3.jpeg

Long and the short of it, I tried to refinish these myself, they didn’t come out as well as I‘d have liked, so I’m having them powder coated. Unfortunately, I’m an idiot and was disassembling them while tired and didn’t keep track of which ones go where, so I’m hoping someone can provide clear pictures of either/both calipers’ pistons so that I can get these back together correctly.

MUCH appreciation and gratitude to anyone who can assist! 🙏🏻

Lastly, if anyone is looking for any pictures of specific parts of the caliper before I reassemble them, hit me up. 👍🏻

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Hello,

I am in Canada and i'm trying to get the lines made but the line builder wants to know the exact name of fittings and dimensions for :

Need 24" custom brake lines.
Hard line side 2016 Audi S3.
Needs the fitting to secure line to the knuckle.
Caliper side 2014 Audi S4.

Does anybody knowledgeable enough can provide this info?

Thanks

Unless you REALLY want stainless lines, just get the oe Macan brake lines from RockAuto.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Favor to ask of anyone who is currently pending installation of *or* has disassembled/rebuilt their calipers:

It looks like there are two different styles of pistons in these (see below). The first set is darker in color (dark grey/black finish) and the bottom is mostly smooth. The second set is lighter in color (more silver/bronze in color) and the bottom has a circular groove around it that’s appx. 1/8” wide and 3/32” deep. There are four of each, so it’s not easy to identify if they should pair up according to the halves or if one of each should go in to each half.

View attachment 178638

Long and the short of it, I tried to refinish these myself, they didn’t come out as well as I‘d have liked, so I’m having them powder coated. Unfortunately, I’m an idiot and was disassembling them while tired and didn’t keep track of which ones go where, so I’m hoping someone can provide clear pictures of either/both calipers’ pistons so that I can get these back together correctly.

MUCH appreciation and gratitude to anyone who can assist! 🙏🏻

Lastly, if anyone is looking for any pictures of specific parts of the caliper before I reassemble them, hit me up. 👍🏻

From @burgerkong who just took apart a set:
1593871175717.png

Make sure your powdercoating guy doesnt blast the bores since they're anodized

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Thinking about them too. Just bought titanium shims since my boots don't look too hot after one track day

I pulled the trigger on the RacingBrake high temp seals. Even with shims and ducting, having the stock seals starting to fail after 2 events wasn't confidence inspiring.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
On track I saw some brake fluid coming out of the bleeder screws when hot. Seems like a normal occurrence when brake fluid gets trapped in the rubber.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
On track I saw some brake fluid coming out of the bleeder screws when hot. Seems like a normal occurrence when brake fluid gets trapped in the rubber.
I'm no expert, but from what I know, brake fluid leaking from anywhere even if the brakes are hot is not 'a normal occurnace'