GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I go to that area as I have friends there. Can come through on Thursday.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
He is close enough to where I don't mind helping out :) Plus I can stop at Summit racing while I am there, see if they have my intercooler temp gauge.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
And... they are on !!

CBCAC6F0-1AB5-4A50-9998-3156D8038ED7.JPG

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Has anyone gone with the Racing Brake high temp boots? What were your results? I've got 2 Track nights so far on the Macans with Raybestos ST-41 pads, and already getting the first signs of dust boot deterioration. Rather than swap the $10 centric seals every other track event; contemplating just doing it 'right' the first time.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone gone with the Racing Brake high temp boots? What were your results? I've got 2 Track nights so far on the Macans with Raybestos ST-41 pads, and already getting the first signs of dust boot deterioration. Rather than swap the $10 centric seals every other track event; contemplating just doing it 'right' the first time.
Thinking about them too. Just bought titanium shims since my boots don't look too hot after one track day

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Thinking about them too. Just bought titanium shims since my boots don't look too hot after one track day

Where did you get the shims?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Also.... given the thickness of the these shims, I don't know if the difference in thermal conductivity between titanium and stainless is actually significant. The main factor is going to be the contact resistance of adding another layer between pad and piston. Stainless would be much cheaper and get you 95% of the performance. Seems like something we could do a little group order if desired. Any waterjet or laser cutter could knock these out when we're talking less than 1mm stainless. Thoughts?