GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

vinceymk

Car(s)
Tiguan AD1
Did the bleeding yesterday 30psi pressure LF RF LR RR i soend more than one liter of break fluid flush it and everything. Still the exactly same feel , i mean its not bad but it takes 0,5inch to start feeling the brake and than it brakes fenomenal, When u pish it hard its better than oem 100% but on oem brakes you can feel them braking right when u touch break pedal, thisone take 0,5inch +/-.
When u have car in sport and brake hard car is downshifting harder with this braks which i like to be honest because car thinks ur breaking harder/pushing kore pedal.
If still given same feel, try this method.

Go get some sticky pad or double sided tape. Im using 3M 55236 HiTemp double sided tape. Stick at the back of your brake pad. Make sure you clean both the back of the brake pad and the piston before you reinstall back with the double sided tape.

Do let me know if this work for you.

PS* you don't need to re-bleed again after the double sided tape apply.

Martin2411

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5r
If still given same feel, try this method.

Go get some sticky pad or double sided tape. Im using 3M 55236 HiTemp double sided tape. Stick at the back of your brake pad. Make sure you clean both the back of the brake pad and the piston before you reinstall back with the double sided tape.

Do let me know if this work for you.

PS* you don't need to re-bleed again after the double sided tape apply.
My pads allready came with doublesided 3m tape.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Did the bleeding yesterday 30psi pressure LF RF LR RR i soend more than one liter of break fluid flush it and everything. Still the exactly same feel , i mean its not bad but it takes 0,5inch to start feeling the brake and than it brakes fenomenal, When u pish it hard its better than oem 100% but on oem brakes you can feel them braking right when u touch break pedal, thisone take 0,5inch +/-.
When u have car in sport and brake hard car is downshifting harder with this braks which i like to be honest because car thinks ur breaking harder/pushing kore pedal.
Do you have a scan tool? (VCDS, OBDeleven, etc.) If you do, use it to cycle the ABS pump a few times.

Another trick would be to get some clear plastic tubing that’ll fit over a brake bleed nipple and lift the rear of the car as high as you can to create an angle at the brake master cylinder so air will naturally flow back to the reservoir. Connect one end of the tube to the caliper bleeder and the other end to a container filled with another fluid; water is fine as long as the tube is long enough, use brake fluid if you‘re nervous. When you have this set up use your hand to pull and pull the brake pedal rapidly, you don’t need to use the full range of pedal travel… short, sharp strokes of about 25% of total travel at around the middle of the pedal range will do.

I had to do all of this when I replaced a bad ABS pump in my car. The wedge I used against the brake pedal slipped and my master cylinder ran completely dry. After doing all of that my brakes are hard as a rock.

It’s a lot of work but if there’s air in the system your brakes are going to feel terrible until you get it out.

Martin2411

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5r
Do you have a scan tool? (VCDS, OBDeleven, etc.) If you do, use it to cycle the ABS pump a few times.

Another trick would be to get some clear plastic tubing that’ll fit over a brake bleed nipple and lift the rear of the car as high as you can to create an angle at the brake master cylinder so air will naturally flow back to the reservoir. Connect one end of the tube to the caliper bleeder and the other end to a container filled with another fluid; water is fine as long as the tube is long enough, use brake fluid if you‘re nervous. When you have this set up use your hand to pull and pull the brake pedal rapidly, you don’t need to use the full range of pedal travel… short, sharp strokes of about 25% of total travel at around the middle of the pedal range will do.

I had to do all of this when I replaced a bad ABS pump in my car. The wedge I used against the brake pedal slipped and my master cylinder ran completely dry. After doing all of that my brakes are hard as a rock.

It’s a lot of work but if there’s air in the system your brakes are going to feel terrible until you get it out.
yes i have obd eleven how can i run abs pump ? Do u know exact way ? I think there is nothing with abs when i hit brakes hard the abs is kiking like crazy, the breaks are breaking like crazy i think after bedding will be even better. I didnt use any red greas or what is it that somebody here recomended. as i said they are breaking crazy just a little lower than oem brakes not so low i would say 0,5imch even maxbe less 1-2cm. Im starting to get used to them, i do t think there is air in abs but who knows. My other car is 2018 a3 saloon tdi. I putted the golf r brakes on that audi myself unscrewed line putted new one, after complete installation a just had friend there to pump my brakes i unscrewed the nipple on brake while he was pushing brake pedal i closed the nipple then he let of we did this 7times on both calipers, just front not even back and the car has super hard brake pedal brake right away so im starting ti think that this problem is going to be with the 4pots they just need little more mush coz they are bigger. But its not much 1-2cm maybe even less its nit like half way or something like that. Ill try to run abs pump but when i hut brakes hard the abs kicks immidiately and works briliant

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
yes i have obd eleven how can i run abs pump ? Do u know exact way ? I think there is nothing with abs when i hit brakes hard the abs is kiking like crazy, the breaks are breaking like crazy i think after bedding will be even better. I didnt use any red greas or what is it that somebody here recomended. as i said they are breaking crazy just a little lower than oem brakes not so low i would say 0,5imch even maxbe less 1-2cm. Im starting to get used to them, i do t think there is air in abs but who knows. My other car is 2018 a3 saloon tdi. I putted the golf r brakes on that audi myself unscrewed line putted new one, after complete installation a just had friend there to pump my brakes i unscrewed the nipple on brake while he was pushing brake pedal i closed the nipple then he let of we did this 7times on both calipers, just front not even back and the car has super hard brake pedal brake right away so im starting ti think that this problem is going to be with the 4pots they just need little more mush coz they are bigger. But its not much 1-2cm maybe even less its nit like half way or something like that. Ill try to run abs pump but when i hut brakes hard the abs kicks immidiately and works briliant
I think it’s control unit->brakes->channel 1… start and follow the instructions it gives you.

I guess it’s possible that the mush has to do with the calipers needing more fluid than the master cylinder provides in the same distance of pedal stroke, but I’d have to defer to @Martin2411 for the answer to that. I’m sure that information is buried in this thread somewhere.

Martin2411

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5r
what i just figured out that the fronts needs more braking force so backwheels tend to go faster into stopping so abs hits first in back and then front. I dont know if you understand but hopefully yes.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
what i just figured out that the fronts needs more braking force so backwheels tend to go faster into stopping so abs hits first in back and then front. I dont know if you understand but hopefully yes.

If during braking one or more wheels are going slower than the others, indicating that those wheel(s) have slowed their rotational speed (loss of traction/skidding) and could lock, then the brake(s) on those wheel(s) are released until those wheel speeds match the others.

The fronts get the weight of the car on them...the weight transfer reduces the cars weight over the rear axle, so the rears lock up quicker.....therefore the ABS activates on the rears before the fronts in a straight line emergency stop...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think it’s control unit->brakes->channel 1… start and follow the instructions it gives you.

I guess it’s possible that the mush has to do with the calipers needing more fluid than the master cylinder provides in the same distance of pedal stroke, but I’d have to defer to @Martin2411 for the answer to that. I’m sure that information is buried in this thread somewhere.

Like in the first post or something.

He still won't answer whether he used the RRG or not.

People that can't read and follow the directions that are in the very first post probably shouldn't be modding.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
4390C2BB-DB01-41C0-8824-A7149003FC12.jpeg

Just finished my install of these today (definitely not the best weekend for this considering the snow we had Friday…)

Definitely needs a second bleed (using the Motive at 30 psi). There was a little air in the lines that worked it’s way through on the first test drive but I put some more miles on today and didn’t experience the pedal sink again. I got the ABS pump to cycle through so in a day or two I’ll do another bleed to make sure it’s all sorted. As others have said the pedal doesn’t grab as high (I did not use RRG), but the amount of modulation is night and day coming from non-PP brakes. Set up as follows:

Macan Calipers Front
345 mm(F)/272 mm(R) Zimmerman blank
Powerstop Z26
Neuspeed lines
RS3 ducts
RBF600
OBD11 mods

Martin2411

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5r
Like in the first post or something.

He still won't answer whether he used the RRG or not.

People that can't read and follow the directions that are in the very first post probably shouldn't be modding.
Im sorry, i dont know what is RRG 😂

Martin2411

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5r
Castrol Red Rubber Grease.
Did not use it, even cant find it in my country which is littlebit picky, How to use it the caliper needs to be dissambled and taken apart to done this procedure ? And how often after that i need to grease it ? Im going to try to find it and order it. U think this will do much better pedal feel ? Factory macan dont use it ? Thanks

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You can get it on Amazon, if that's an option for you.

You apply it to the pistons prior to assembly.

Reapply based on feel.

Martin2411

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5r
You can get it on Amazon, if that's an option for you.

You apply it to the pistons prior to assembly.

Reapply based on feel.
im trying to find where you described the whole process, because i dont understand how ? Just apply it on the top or the pistons need to go out of calipper ? Im sorry but im not a tech guy, 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
im trying to find where you described the whole process, because i dont understand how ? Just apply it on the top or the pistons need to go out of calipper ? Im sorry but im not a tech guy, 😂

Not the top of the pistons, the side of the pistons where they contact the seals.

You use the RRG as the assembly lube.

Last edited: