GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Got my calipers back from powder coating. Hopefully I can get the install done (or do it myself) sometime soon.

Attachments

• B35A7448-A780-45F3-A2DC-0F0AC65844E1.jpeg
    B35A7448-A780-45F3-A2DC-0F0AC65844E1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Got my calipers back from powder coating. Hopefully I can get the install done (or do it myself) sometime soon.

If you have basic mechanical knowledge, and have done a basic pad & rotor brake job before, doing it yourself shouldn't be too hard at all. Just grab a power bleeder to bleed the piss out of them and go to town.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you have basic mechanical knowledge, and have done a basic pad & rotor brake job before, doing it yourself shouldn't be too hard at all. Just grab a power bleeder to bleed the piss out of them and go to town.

Yep, it's a pretty easy install.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Gonna try it with a buddy this weekend, and go from there. Going from the stock 312mm brakes on an A3 to these is going to be a huge jump, plus being able to change the pads as I start doing more trackdays/autox events.

Yep, same as a non-PP GTI. Don't expect a night and day difference in pedal feel, but they will look infinitely cooler, and hold up far better when you do those track/autox days.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have to say that my non-PP brakes on my 18 S held up to multiple drivers in Florida autocrossing. 4 at 1 event, 3 at most of the events, for an entire season. We had to spray tires between every run, but the brakes were strong and were never a limiting factor. That car is still nicknamed the German Bukkake car locally, because of how many of us would run it every event. The only issue we had was you had to wait an hour for the wheels to get cool enough to swap back my street set up and drive home and it melted center caps. The brakes were every bit as good as PP for autocross.

GS 26-8.jpg

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Had the stock 272s on my old mk7 golf with an is20 turbo and literally caught the brakes on fire, and the stock A3 brakes held up to that with no issue. These are more for actual track days (Daytona/Sebring) and being able to stay in the power on the back straight at the FIRM without worrying about them stopping me.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Better vanity photo of the brakes now with high temp decals. Deciding on 17 or 18” Apex wheels in anthracite to go over them is up next.

Attachments

• 7053BF14-D758-4489-A82B-C0AC42307766.jpeg
    7053BF14-D758-4489-A82B-C0AC42307766.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Yeah. had a minor heart attack when I picked them up. Luckily I had pre-purchased the caliper seal kit cause I was really expecting them to be removed before powder coating. Had them re-sealed with the red rubber grease too.