GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
First off, I wanted to thank everyone who built this thread. Great info.

I love the brakes on my R. Best brakes I have ever had. I’m strictly street driven with no real intentions of tracking. Is this mod worth it for the street?

Only if you want them because they look cool.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I would have kept PP if I wasn't tracking.

And there certainly are better solutions for the track, but they cost 2 to 3 times more and I think we've figured out the combination to get these feeling as good or better than stock PP.

If you are a serious track rat, get a full on BBK. If you track 3 to 4 times a year, I think the Macan setup is a great value and works really well. It's really easy to swap pads too.

If you're just doing it for looks, can't get much better value.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Guys, does the application of Red Rubber Grease work with the high temp dust boots from racing brakes.com? I know they are very sensitive and very few compounds are compatible.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Guys, does the application of Red Rubber Grease work with the high temp dust boots from racing brakes.com? I know they are very sensitive and very few compounds are compatible.
They do, but you only really need to grease the inner ring. When I contacted Racing Brake about one of their boots not seating properly they said to make sure there is no RRG packed into boot itself.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Think a set of 18x8 ET45 RSE10's would fit with no spacers? I know 18x8.5 ET45 is documented to fit...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Think a set of 18x8 ET45 RSE10's would fit with no spacers? I know 18x8.5 ET45 is documented to fit...

I think they will. The 18 x 8.5 +45 have a ton of room.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Can you take a measurement from the outside rotor face to the outside of the caliper. I have a set of RSE10's in 18x8 ET45 and can take a measurement of the rotor face to the inside of the spokes. Compare the measurements and you can tell if they would fit.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think they will. The 18 x 8.5 +45 have a ton of room.

Hope so. I figured I'd roll the dice and try, so they've been ordered. The problem I'm trying to solve for, is my 18x8.5 ET35 with a 5mm spacer, 225/40 tires, still rub sometimes, even after doing the fender screw mod. I could use a 20mm spacer with the 18x8 ET45 Neuspeeds and they still wouldn't poke out as much as my current setup. So while I'm hoping to not have to use a spacer, even if I have to toss a 5mm spacer on, it should be fine.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can you take a measurement from the outside rotor face to the outside of the caliper. I have a set of RSE10's in 18x8 ET45 and can take a measurement of the rotor face to the inside of the spokes. Compare the measurements and you can tell if they would fit.
Sure, give me a little bit. Thanks!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

The inside of the rotor to the caliper looks to be about 60mm? The outside of the caliper a bit more, maybe 65mm? Hard to get a good measure.