GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
15psi isn't even 1bar of pressure.

Same. I bled mine at around 25psi.

So? It's still enough to push fluid through. On other cars I've had no issue pushing fluid through at 12-15 psi.

I honestly don't know, but 12 psi seems low. I bleed at much higher pressure. IIRC, VW recommended 29 psi.

Huh, I guess you are right.

I'm assuming the clutch can be bled at this pressure too? I guess the system sees much higher pressure when you're actually on the brakes or clutch?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Motiv probably recommends you only use 15psi because everything is plastic and they don't want to risk the lids popping off.

I recall someone here or on VWV were talking about how theirs would pop off the brake fluid reservoir at 30psi. I've personally bled my brakes at 30psi with no issues on the bleeder or the reservoir.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
OK, my plan is 20 PSI for the clutch as it has no ABS module to cycle and 29 for the brakes and pray the bleeder doesn't blow up. Maybe I'll put the bleeder in its box so if it explodes the box will catch most of the fluid. :LOL:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
OK, my plan is 20 PSI for the clutch as it has no ABS module to cycle and 29 for the brakes and pray the bleeder doesn't blow up. Maybe I'll put the bleeder in its box so if it explodes the box will catch most of the fluid. :LOL:

Try 25 psi.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I don't think they'd let the unit be allowed to be pressurized enough to damage itself. At least, not within the limits of the gauge on it. You bury the needle and keep going, maybe. But I paid for the full gauge, I'm gonna expect to use the full gauge, safely.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Makes sense… when I tried to
Use my motive for the clutch I only did 15psi cause the motive Instructions and it sucked, I ended up just releasing pressure in hooking it and just doing the standard 2 person method

I got a ton of fluid coming out when I did 15 PSI on the clutch, but when I did the 2 person method I got a shit load of air so I don't really trust the Motive...

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I toss a blanket over the motive in case it doesn't hold.

I can't recall exactly what psi I bleed at, but it was definitely more than 15. Probably 25-30.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Well I wasn't lying when I said I was going to put the Motive bleeder back in its box...

Bled the system at ~27 PSI and it pushed a ton more fluid through everything. I got a few bubbles out of each corner and the clutch. The only thing I can't figure out with the power bleeder is how to not have the fluid at the very top of the reservoir. Usually I just use a syringe and pull the excess fluid out but this time I asked my wife to push the clutch while I opened the clutch bleeder to let fluid out that way. I asked her what she thought of the clutch after I was done and had closed the bleeder and she said it felt soft. I went to pump it and holy crap it is so damn stiff. She doesn't drive a manual so maybe she doesn't have a good point of reference, or maybe I just drive super underpowered cars so I'm used to feather light clutches. The clutch on my Integra is so light in comparison.

Hopefully the clutch feel breaks in after a few miles. I went with a Southbend Stage 2 daily and it's still pretty damn stiff. I can't imagine a Stage 3.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Yeah they stiffness of the fingers is really bad the first few days on the majority of clutch’s - it’s will soften up some after a week or 2, but deff will never be as feather light as OEM

I feel I was bamboozled by the "maintains a stock feel" claim from South Bend's website. 😂

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I feel I was bamboozled by the "maintains a stock feel" claim from South Bend's website. 😂

thats funny, i thought the SB would be similar to my ACT clutch which really is barely heavier than stock. even during break-in it was super light

SoFloGtiGuy

Car(s)
MK7.5
Hey guys, I got all the parts for this swap, and plan on doing it this weekend. I had extra ss brake hosing from another DC2 project I was doing I couldn't return I used to have custom ss lines made. I made 2 sets if anyone is interested/looking for a set. I'm asking $70 shipped. They were made using a Macan/GTI line for reference, and are 24".

Attachments

• IMG_3500.jpeg
    IMG_3500.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69