GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll also probably just swing by a local powder coating place in the next day or two, talk to them and see what they say. I don't think I'll be happy with any home done paint job.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
1620913467700.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
First quote came back at $400 to powder coat them, and would require full disassembly.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Didn't ask, but doubt it. I'm going to check around a bit, that's close to twice what I was expecting.

Well I'm not a fan of a full disassembly, it's not entirely out of the question.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Didn't ask, but doubt it. I'm going to check around a bit, that's close to twice what I was expecting.

Well I'm not a fan of a full disassembly, it's not entirely out of the question.

It's only 4 bolts that you would have to remove, considering you took the lines and bleeders off already and would have to pop the seals and pistons off to do the red rubber grease.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I paid $100.

Dude, wet sand with 2000 grit, clear coat, and be happy.

How about I mail them to you, I'll give you $200, you can disassemble them, have your guy powder coat them, reassemble them, and I'll pay to have them sent back :D😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How about I mail them to you, I'll give you $200, you can disassemble them, have your guy powder coat them, reassemble them, and I'll pay to have them sent back :D😂
In fairness, he did a mediocre job. All I cared was that they were powercoated and looked ok from 50 yards away at 50 mph. Because rAcEcAr. lol

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
In fairness, he did a mediocre job. All I cared was that they were powercoated and looked ok from 50 yards away at 50 mph. Because rAcEcAr. lol

+1

They're brake calipers, hiding behind spokes. They are going to get dusty, and they'll eventually get chipped by mounting/balancing wheels and rocks etc.

Life's too short to constantly chase perfection :)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I made more than a few mistakes prepping and painting mine, then my bleeders leaked a bit. The paint is brittle and doesn't like brake pad swaps.
bolt holder tool brake rotor.jpg

Ain't care because I can't see them when I'm in the car, but everyone is different with priorities I know.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks! I went full subtle and I don't really regret it. Still get a little jealous when I see a perfectly painted blue set but this works for now!

A year in, mine don't look all that great, even after being powder coated.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
A year in, mine don't look all that great, even after being powder coated.

I've only drove like 3K in the last year, so mine are holding in pretty good.
Thanks! I went full subtle and I don't really regret it. Still get a little jealous when I see a perfectly painted blue set but this works for now!

I sometimes regret not going with a brighter color for more pop, but then I'd have needed to have painted the backs too.