GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yep, best not to have the bleeder run dry by accident.

Get 4 bottles, you may need to do a bleed in a week or so as air bubbles dislodge.

Ok, 5 bottles it is 😂

I read through all 116 pages, lots of good info.

I probably should had done this before ordering them, but I really need to print out the template and make sure they'll fit my wheels lol. They're some no name 6 spoke rims that are similar in design to the Volk TE37, and there's tons of room around the stock caliper, so I'm just assuming they'll fit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If the caliper comes, just do a quick dry test fit. Take minutes. The template is questionable.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If the caliper comes, just do a quick dry test fit. Take minutes. The template is questionable.

That's what I'll probably do. I'm waiting for Sunset Porsche to tell me they're on backorder, and will wait to order $400 of rotors (gotta get the Stoptech Drilled and Slotted as this is mainly a cosmetic thing, and will match the rears) and a few hundred dollars of other miscellaneous stuff until I can verify fitment. Will grab the brake lines though as soon as Chris gets back to me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's what I'll probably do. I'm waiting for Sunset Porsche to tell me they're on backorder, and will wait to order $400 of rotors (gotta get the Stoptech Drilled and Slotted as this is mainly a cosmetic thing, and will match the rears) and a few hundred dollars of other miscellaneous stuff until I can verify fitment. Will grab the brake lines though as soon as Chris gets back to me.

If you're buying new rotors, do the 345mm mk6 R rotors.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Way ahead of you 😂

This is what's in my basket:

Screenshot_20210503-134936_Chrome.jpg

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I didn't snap any pictures on this last swap, but the top of my pads have a lip and aren't touching rotor with the OEM 340mm so it does make a difference. Not enough to toss out a set of $250 rotors, but definitely get 345mm if you're buying.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I feel like I was the only one without a lip on my pads when I was running 340mm rotors :sleep:

It's all down to pad manufacturer and what the guy running that batch had for breakfast. 🤣🤣🤣

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I feel like I was the only one without a lip on my pads when I was running 340mm rotors :sleep:

If it makes you feel better the pad that is left is so thin/flakey that it doesn't take much to make it go away. Because I'm swapping out pads between track days maybe I'm noticing it before it flakes/falls of, or my pads just have less chamfer at the top?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks like the brake lines went up about $10. Not really a big deal.

Screenshot_20210503-172645_Gmail.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Looks like the brake lines went up about $10. Not really a big deal.

View attachment 212397

I don't see any type of expiration on the G2 paint. I've got the paint and the reactor solution.

Let me know if you want it. It's just going to sit in my garage and collect dust.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't see any type of expiration on the G2 paint. I've got the paint and the reactor solution.

Let me know if you want it. It's just going to sit in my garage and collect dust.

Sure, thanks. I'll send you a PM.

B1mmer

Ready to race!
Honestly, I am a big fan of ATE Type 200. It’s inexpensive and has a very high wet/dry boiling point. We use it in our endurance car without ever boiling the fluid in 12 years of events ranging from 14 hours to 36 hours straight. While all fluid is hydroscopic, no one fluid is more hydroscopic than another. I change my fluid every track event. It’s just cheap insurance. You can flush the entire system with a single quart. - AB

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Honestly, I am a big fan of ATE Type 200. It’s inexpensive and has a very high wet/dry boiling point. We use it in our endurance car without ever boiling the fluid in 12 years of events ranging from 14 hours to 36 hours straight. While all fluid is hydroscopic, no one fluid is more hydroscopic than another. I change my fluid every track event. It’s just cheap insurance. You can flush the entire system with a single quart. - AB

I've used ATE200 in my Miatas for years, with no issues.

I chose not to use it in the mk7 due to numerous reports of weird squeaking. If it was one complaint, I'd have ignored it, but there's a thread quit a few complaints, and it resolved when they switched.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright. Brake lines paid for, $70.45 shipped out. Will be in the mail tomorrow.

Ordered these decals, only place I could find high temp GTI decals was Amazon UK, but luckily the seller ships to the US. Was like $7 for a pack of 4.

1620138638210.png

Still waiting to hear something from Sunset Porsche about the calipers. In February\March someone else posted it took about a month for them to come in, so I'm expecting similar.