GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Know powder coating would be the best, but don't feel like going down that route. Plan on doing the painting myself. Waiting for others suggestions on what they did, but the G2 kit is what I'm leaning on so far. Will have to watch a few videos.
I was planning on G2 until a buddy offered to powder coat mine for $75.

I've used G2 in the past with good results.

I might still have the paint unused in the garage if you want it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was planning on G2 until a buddy offered to powder coat mine for $75.

I've used G2 in the past with good results.

I might still have the paint unused in the garage if you want it.

Sure, thanks for the offer. As long as it doesn't have an expiration date (does paint expire?), I'll take it if you still have it.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I used VHT along with some Ace hardware high temp primer and it came out great tbh. It’s held up fairly well after a year, some knicks in the paint and not perfect for sure but no yellowing yet.

I did two coats primer, two coats color, sticker, two coats clear
F1F802A0-F1F1-46C6-B7BE-9D5EA46B367C.jpeg

1 year later:

694E3452-B560-4BB6-8B0A-FA7F3023784C.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Next question. I'm going to do a full fluid flush, including the rears, using a Motiv Power Bleeder, as it's long past due. How much fluid should be bought to avoid not having enough mid process? And as I'd be lying if I said this wasn't 99% a cosmetic upgrade, as my car will never see a track or autocross, is the Motul RBF600 still recommended? How about the Stoptech STR600? Or would I be fine to grab any name brand Dot4 fluid?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Next question. I'm going to do a full fluid flush, including the rears, using a Motiv Power Bleeder, as it's long past due. How much fluid should be bought to avoid not having enough mid process? And as I'd be lying if I said this wasn't 99% a cosmetic upgrade, as my car will never see a track or autocross, is the Motul RBF600 still recommended? How about the Stoptech STR600? Or would I be fine to grab any name brand Dot4 fluid?
I wouldn't go with rbf600 if you're not going to see higher temps, its performance falls off fast when it absorbs water.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
I might be overthinking this but when we flush with the power brake bleeder, wouldn't an air bubble get pushed through since you're sealing the cap and there is some air between the old brake fluid and when you start to pump the new one in?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sure, thanks for the offer. As long as it doesn't have an expiration date (does paint expire?), I'll take it if you still have it.
I'll take a look at it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks on both counts.

How many bottles to do a full flush?
Don't ask me, this dummy ran 500cc per caliper. From talking to others, that's way too much. Lol. I'd do 200cc per caliper.

Be sure to do LF, RF, LR, RR with a high pressure bleeder, use a 2x4 to keep pedal depressed while swapping calipers and lube seals with RRG. If not, you'll be posting how much you hate them.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don't ask me, this dummy ran 500cc per caliper. From talking to others, that's way too much. Lol. I'd do 200cc per caliper.

Be sure to do LF, RF, LR, RR with a high pressure bleeder, use a 2x4 to keep pedal depressed while swapping calipers and lube seals with RRG. If not, you'll be posting how much you hate them.

So 2 bottles, 3 to be safe since it's only like $18 for a bottle.

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Know powder coating would be the best, but don't feel like going down that route. Plan on doing the painting myself. Waiting for others suggestions on what they did, but the G2 kit is what I'm leaning on so far. Will have to watch a few videos.

Painted these with G2 over the weekend. It turned out pretty decent.

Attachments

• C6B55AA9-E81E-4B9F-8EEF-A3560A413A49.jpeg
    C6B55AA9-E81E-4B9F-8EEF-A3560A413A49.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So 2 bottles, 3 to be safe since it's only like $18 for a bottle.

Yep, best not to have the bleeder run dry by accident.

Get 4 bottles, you may need to do a bleed in a week or so as air bubbles dislodge.