GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Bit the bullet and just went full steam ahead after killing all those expensive pads....still need to bleed and road test, but these just bolt up and seem to be well made. And the Motegi don't need any spacers either for these ST-60s, so that was cool.

173697991_450043512941084_2274801623950405151_n.jpg

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
Bit the bullet and just went full steam ahead after killing all those expensive pads....still need to bleed and road test, but these just bolt up and seem to be well made. And the Motegi don't need any spacers either for these ST-60s, so that was cool.

I mean considering they'd (hopefully) be made for exact fitment and the company pretty much only builds brakes I'm not surprised. :LOL:

Paulo123

I‘ve been watching for this thread for a while and bought my set of calipers/lines from scrapin240. Just repainted them and am excited to put them on once I find the time (am currently nearing college finals). Went with Mk6 R powerstop slotted and drilled rotors...very excited to add these to my build. I recently switched from airlift 3P to BC coilovers and am planning to do some autocross events from time to time after I get a couple other suspension goodies in. Hoping these brakes do the trick :)
F066821D-75DF-403F-BDB4-689A88CEBC61.jpeg

477793E7-BBF1-4CF7-B6CC-9D2F83C12F41.jpeg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I‘ve been watching for this thread for a while and bought my set of calipers/lines from scrapin240. Just repainted them and am excited to put them on once I find the time (am currently nearing college finals). Went with Mk6 R powerstop slotted and drilled rotors...very excited to add these to my build. I recently switched from airlift 3P to BC coilovers and am planning to do some autocross events from time to time after I get a couple other suspension goodies in. Hoping these brakes do the trick :)
View attachment 210430
View attachment 210429

Looks great.

How did you paint them? Fully disassemble, or just tape important parts and spray?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
View attachment 210430
View attachment 210429
they look great!!!!!

Paulo123

Looks great.

How did you paint them? Fully disassemble, or just tape important parts and spray?
I sanded, took off the dust shields, taped off, and sprayed high temp caliper paint. Waited to cure, applied decals, and then finished with a high temp 2K clear coat. I did remove the pistons at the end and coated with red rubber grease (to hopefully help with piston retraction). You can see where the caliper was hanging by during paint (I held it by the mounting tabs since nobody sees that )

No pictures, but the 18" OEM Durbans 18x7.5 et51 fit with 15mm spacers, also just bent the top end of my stock brake shields straight up and they pretty much cover the back of the rotor maybe 1-2mm exposed. My car came with 288mm rotors, I had previously upgraded to 312mm rotors and they fit under the brake shield perfectly. Very noticeable improvement in braking force!

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
If anyone wants some DS2500 pads with yay much life left, just cover shipping and they’re yours. These wore slower than I thought but already swapped in new ones. Still some life for Autocross or maybe a full track day.

AB3D70D8-9450-41F4-86F8-DF2149DF41B9.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Whelp, bit the bullet and took the first step of the plunge....

1619976615868.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, paint. What is the best option to go with? Some rattle cans of VHT Red? Would that need a clear coat, and would that yellow over time? The G2 Brush On kit? Plan on complimenting it with just white "GTI" high temp decals like the standard PP brakes, not really a fan of the "Bembo" decals.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
So, paint. What is the best option to go with? Some rattle cans of VHT Red? Would that need a clear coat, and would that yellow over time? The G2 Brush On kit? Plan on complimenting it with just white "GTI" high temp decals like the standard PP brakes, not really a fan of the "Bembo" decals.
I've read G2 is good and the results have looked great on the forums. I am going powdercoat route and removed the pistons, boots and rings. It's essentially boils down to painting caliper will look good and be relatively durable. Powdercoat will end up with the best results in terms of durability and color fade resistance.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've read G2 is good and the results have looked great on the forums. I am going powdercoat route and removed the pistons, boots and rings. It's essentially boils down to caliper will look good and be relatively durable. Powdercoat will end up with the best results in terms of durability and color fade resistance.

Know powder coating would be the best, but don't feel like going down that route. Plan on doing the painting myself. Waiting for others suggestions on what they did, but the G2 kit is what I'm leaning on so far. Will have to watch a few videos.