GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Considering selling my car…

R0dzilla7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I’ve considered this as well but something else to consider is the interest rate. I got a zero percent interest loan which can amount to thousands saved over the life of a loan at a much higher rate. No way anyone is getting that rate now. I could get all my money back but wouldn’t be able to replace the car with anything comparable without forking out loads more dough. Good luck.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I’ve considered this as well but something else to consider is the interest rate. I got a zero percent interest loan which can amount to thousands saved over the life of a loan at a much higher rate. No way anyone is getting that rate now. I could get all my money back but wouldn’t be able to replace the car with anything comparable without forking out loads more dough. Good luck.
Huh? I can get 1.49% from my credit union right now not even involving the dealer.

One thing they don't tell you unless you ask is that 0% interest is always more expensive on the selling price. It was a 2,000 discount on the selling price to get my own financing on my gti in July 2020.

All in all,y purchase of my gti was an insanely fortuitous one. I could currently sell car for ~5k over what I paid out the door.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
What??? They offered that much?? I entered in my VIN and I got $14,500 on mine!! I only have 59K
Did you mention that is was modified? I made mine stock. to get the 21k, also mine is autobahn which could increase value.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did you mention that is was modified? I made mine stock. to get the 21k, also mine is autobahn which could increase value.
Same...I said it was stock, and figured that I would remove the parts and sell them seperately.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I sold my 2015 SE DSG with 63k miles for 20k to carvana after removing the exhaust, tune, etc. Sold all that on the side and bought a 2019 Autobahn DSG which is now gonna be my long term car. That 2015 definitely wasnt in perfect condition either, needed some paint work in a few spots and had some issues here and there. AC compressor was on its way out and the car vibrated like hell.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I sold my 2015 SE DSG with 63k miles for 20k to carvana after removing the exhaust, tune, etc. Sold all that on the side and bought a 2019 Autobahn DSG which is now gonna be my long term car. That 2015 definitely wasnt in perfect condition either, needed some paint work in a few spots and had some issues here and there. AC compressor was on its way out and the car vibrated like hell.
Oh wow that's a high offer, that's crazy! Mine is in absolutely showroom condition. Not a sincle mark anywhere. with only 20,000 miles (slightly less) It even smells new! and they only offered me about $1,200 more.

Last edited:

Reyes351

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Oh wow that's a high offer, that's crazy! Mine is in absolutely showroom condition. Not a sincle mark anywhere. with only 20,000 miles (slightly less) It even smells new! and they only offered me about $1,200 more.
Mine's in the same condition, Carvana offered me $25k for my '17 GTI Sport DSG with 25k miles

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I decided to pull the trigger on the BRZ today and ordered it!
I hope I enjoy it as much as I did the GTI. I guess she will be up for sale in a few months, once the new car arrives :(

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Yowzers, out of curiosity (and since literally everyone else is doing it), I plugged my VIN into a few different sites. Highest offer was from Vroom at exactly $29,515.
That's pretty nuts considering I paid $27,200 for my 2020 GTI brand new (it's a base DSG S, I took the 0% APR instead of larger discounts). It does have less than 6k miles on it, but still surprised they offered MSRP.