GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Considering B9 A4 caliper retrofit

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Ooh damn. Got part numbers?
Sorry no Audi part numbers, the company I used to work for designs/manufactures the calipers so these were pre-production samples.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So back to the original question the op asked, is the a4 b9 calipers possible on a gti? Some modifications or rotor experiments are fine with me, just curious if it is possible without going full blown custom everything. I just purchased a set so just info building while I await arrival.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
So back to the original question the op asked, is the a4 b9 calipers possible on a gti? Some modifications or rotor experiments are fine with me, just curious if it is possible without going full blown custom everything. I just purchased a set so just info building while I await arrival.
I can confirm the b9 bolt spacing where the caliper bolts to the knuckle is the same as your cars. The a4 has 338mm rotors vs our 340.

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I have 2 calipers on there way. ETA of Saturday so I might be able to dry fit them on sunday. Need to order bolts though, unless i can re use my old ones.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Sorry no Audi part numbers, the company I used to work for designs/manufactures the calipers so these were pre-production samples.

Got any hookups there still? :)

Or would they be willing to sell them as nonbranded OEM units (I'm guessing not)?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So just a dry fit, but looks promising! This is 312mm non pp rotors and the stock b9 a4 pads set perfectly in the sweep area. Definitely need spacers for stock wheels, but 17s will fit with spacers also. The only concern I found is it's not quite centered on the rotor. May need just s little bit of milling to center it up. Also need new lines as the b9 dont have banjo bolt style.
20191208_134300.jpg

Attachments

• 20191208_134305.jpg
    20191208_134305.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 197
  • 20191208_134320.jpg
    20191208_134320.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 210
  • 20191208_134334.jpg
    20191208_134334.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 205

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Placed an order for some custom brake lines today for the conversion. Super easy to deal with. Highly recommend the company mentioned earlier in this thread.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
bleeders up!!
Lol, yeah Jake pointed that out to me. I'll have to ether swap left and right or swap the bleeders and the crossover. Thanks for the looking out though.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
So does anyone have a source for the front carrier bolts? Ecs tech was next to 0 help...
they are stretch bolts

Here are the 21mm caliper carrier bracket bolts. They are not torque to yield but at 200nm it's good to have backups if you round off the bolt

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw...t-mounting-bolt-front-passat-cc-vag-n91084901
Here are the 14mm triple square caliper bolts that are TTY

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-disc-brake-caliper-bolt-rear-vag-n91168901