GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Connecticut - Who has a Golf R with a performance exhaust?

golfare

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm a month-long owner of my MK7 Golf R 6MT and I'm totally lost in terms of upgrading the stock exhaust.

I want more sound. I do a lot of highway driving at 60-70 mph. In short, I would like to hear your car if you live in the shoreline CT or Hartford CT area.
I'd open to hearing anything, even would like to hear a resonator delete, in person.

Cheers.

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
So I'm a month-long owner of my MK7 Golf R 6MT and I'm totally lost in terms of upgrading the stock exhaust.

I want more sound. I do a lot of highway driving at 60-70 mph. In short, I would like to hear your car if you live in the shoreline CT or Hartford CT area.
I'd open to hearing anything, even would like to hear a resonator delete, in person.

Cheers.

I have a res delete. I didn't order a pre-fab one. I had a shop in Manchester do it (cost $110 total). I'd be happy to meet up sometime so you can hear it.

Martin398

Ready to race!
I have a GTI but I have the stock exhaust with an aftermarket downpipe. exhaust sound has gotten numerous compliments. Hartford is a 30 minute drive for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

golfare

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you both for the input. PMs sent. I’d love to hear your setup in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfare

Passed Driver's Ed
If you head down the coast to Stamford area I have unitronic DP and Billy Boat exhaust.

Thank you for the offer, I'd really like to hear yours. The drive is a bit over an 1.5 hours though so if you have a link to a video that would be nice.

idriveastick

Ready to race!
I have a GTI but I have the stock exhaust with an aftermarket downpipe. exhaust sound has gotten numerous compliments. Hartford is a 30 minute drive for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Doesn't the GTI not sound anything like the R though? That may be a misrepresentation of what OP is looking for.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
They should sound a little different due to compression ratio of the GTI and the smaller turbo, plus the R has a different head

idriveastick

Ready to race!
They should sound a little different due to compression ratio of the GTI and the smaller turbo, plus the R has a different head

I know it's not apples to apples, but my MKVI GTI sounded nothing like my MK7.5 R. A buddy of mine has a MK7 GTI and he says the R sounds much different.

But this is obviously very subjective.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I know it's not apples to apples, but my MKVI GTI sounded nothing like my MK7.5 R. A buddy of mine has a MK7 GTI and he says the R sounds much different.

But this is obviously very subjective.

The MK6 was a completely different motor.

MK7 GTI to R is very similar but not exact. Slight internals but most notably the different turbo. I'm running an IS38 which is why I offered since its the same turbo.

golfare

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump - does anyone have an aftermarket downpipe on their MK7R within 20 minutes of I91?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I have the Apr valved catback on mine. I work at Bradley Airport, but won’t be back until the end of the month. I installed it before I left (after my previous post on here) no downpipe upgrade yet.