GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Comprehensive list or torque to yield hardware required for clutch change.

DevinMK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport
Here is what I have listed for mounting parts on your VIN. Was there any other hardware you were looking for?
View attachment 271691
View attachment 271692
View attachment 271693
These diagrams are very helpful, thanks for sharing. According to the ECS Tuning install manual, the bell housing bolts are not TTY but nice to have these on hand just in case if you want to go ahead and order them or if they end up breaking you can easily reference them here.

One thing I find strange is bolt #8 w/ the stud at the end in the 2nd picture w/ the engine/trans mount diagram. Whenever I watch different trans mount installs, I never see this bolt coming out, and only see 3 of #9, 3 of #16 bolts, and 4 of #7. I did order it but it’s not obvious in clutch install vids either where the heck this bolt is. I do see the bolt on the engine mount side tho, but should be able to leave it in for clutch install…

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
These diagrams are very helpful, thanks for sharing. According to the ECS Tuning install manual, the bell housing bolts are not TTY but nice to have these on hand just in case if you want to go ahead and order them or if they end up breaking you can easily reference them here.

One thing I find strange is bolt #8 w/ the stud at the end in the 2nd picture w/ the engine/trans mount diagram. Whenever I watch different trans mount installs, I never see this bolt coming out, and only see 3 of #9, 3 of #16 bolts, and 4 of #7. I did order it but it’s not obvious in clutch install vids either where the heck this bolt is. I do see the bolt on the engine mount side tho, but should be able to leave it in for clutch install…
That one attaches to #15 which is the "Console" That then mounts to the top of the transmission with #16. Though if you don't have that and just have #16s perhaps its a bolt used on other models. I know one of those studs is for a fuel filter mount on TDI models.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

DevinMK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport
Wanted to update my list now that I have gotten halfway through clutch install and taken off what I needed to take off to drop the bell housing. If you don't see the bolts listed on this, I didn't use it, but feel free to ask because I may have forgotten something potentially.

One bolt I didn't include for example is N10770701, I didn't need to remove this, and frankly I didn't even see it when I removed all the transmission mount bolts since I am replacing it with a new OEM mount + BFI Stage 1 Insert...

Hope this helps others who comes across this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 10.02.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 10.02.45 PM.png
    252 KB · Views: 85