GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Went in dealership last week in the Uk and one sales guy said they haven’t sold a single mk8 , they had a load there in stock and the interior was just awful cheap fabrics all over the seats. Vw will have to do something quick to move these mk8’s. I suspect in the next 6 month all cars will end up fully loaded and with some sort of styling pack. Like the s line Audi. And a major revamp for a early facelift
There was only something like 300 new vehicles sold last month in the UK (across all brands), Covid19 and lockdown, this is the issue they are having at the moment!

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
who knows what it will start at but it will have to be competitive with its competition. I don’t think it will start that high though and I don’t think it will have hologen lights, key turn start, no Sirius radio on base model either. Technology improves and the former becomes less expensive.
But they do have NON PROJECTOR led headlight that is on the base models, this will be used in leu of halogen, the led projector iQ lights are optional equipment on the currently available models in Europe and may also only be available as an option on the NAR GTI.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I wish ALL automakers would quit screwing around with inferior headlights being the base offering, and requiring customers to either pay more or pay for an entire bloated package to get the best lighting available. It's a safety feature, not a vanity feature. Ridiculous.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I wish ALL automakers would quit screwing around with inferior headlights being the base offering, and requiring customers to either pay more or pay for an entire bloated package to get the best lighting available. It's a safety feature, not a vanity feature. Ridiculous.

Well obviously the lighting passes specifications for safety. It's like other options like collision braking etc and if you want the features you have to upgrade.