GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Complete loss of boost

Pablohoney

Car(s)
2017 GTI
While driving on the highway yesterday, I felt an immediate loss of power. There was no loud noises or anything dramatic that happened in that moment. On my accessport I can see that there is no boost being built at all. i don’t see any hoses loose to the turbo. And there’s now an airy whistling noise all the time while on the throttle. I’m guessing something related to the blow off valve? Any thoughts or guidance on this? Thanks everybody!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Do you have a blow off valve? Any mods? If there is a whooshing noise, something definitely popped off. Follow your boost pipes again, something is loose or broken. Or a cracked intake manifold?

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
While driving on the highway yesterday, I felt an immediate loss of power. There was no loud noises or anything dramatic that happened in that moment. On my accessport I can see that there is no boost being built at all. i don’t see any hoses loose to the turbo. And there’s now an airy whistling noise all the time while on the throttle. I’m guessing something related to the blow off valve? Any thoughts or guidance on this? Thanks everybody!
Hose probably popped off somewhere. As recommended, do a thorough inspection from the turbo to the intake manifold.