GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Communication between dash and MIB not always working

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
Just recently, twice in as many days actually, i do what you normally do get in and drive, GOLF MK7 to find certain elements on the clock display are not working. Like it won't display radio channel or phone info or sat nav, i get the impression anything to do with the MIB2 unit. I tried turning it off and on again. Sometimes, if i go the whole hog and switch off engine, open / close door, set alarm and start again it returns, but sometimes it doesn't until perhaps the next time i get in the car again a few hours later. It has done this 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years, but now twice in 2 days. Anyone had this situation before or know a cure? The display just cycles 'restarting' on each of the elements

Last edited:

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
I get similar on mine every now and then. The main indication is that the compass direction isn't shown in the dash. If I select navigation from the wheel it says something like not available (I forget the exact message). Come to think about it, I don't think it's done it since VW serviced it in September. I suppose they could have done an update but I didn't keep track of any version numbers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Maybe reset the MIB unit...??...

I can't remember the exact way its like press & hold down the on/off button for about 15secs?? (please double check before hand)