GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

College Football Discussion Thread

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I'm SUPER happy to see my boys start the season right and beat Uconn, and whole eff Denard... almost 400 yards all by himself!

How bout Jacksonville State beating Ol Miss in doubble OT, CRAZY!

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 599

svt_pony

Go Buckeyes
This is my favorite time of year.

Oh, and just for you. 2494. (Two thousand, four hundred and ninty-four)

I sure hope ol' shoelace makes it to the end of the season healthy.

The Buckeyes are ready to get their hands on him.

Nebraska is looking like a much better addition than I thought a few months ago. Should make next year a little more interesting. I don't think the whole NCAA re-alignment is done yet either.

Go Buckeyes!

patrick_irwin

Go Kart Champion
I've been happy with Bama and Okla Uni. They have both played extremely well like always. I just cant wait to see what else is in store for the season

Amped96

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI
My team (Memphis) is largely irrelevant in football, but we went to the first home game last Saturday and they pulled off the win, to move to 1-2, hah. It was a good time with friends though.

I'm looking forward to 'Bama vs. Arkansas this weekend. I'm not sure that the Hogs have a chance, but I'll be cheering for them to knock off 'bama.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
They are not National Title contenders, but I really think they can win 8-9 games this year.

Their D is really REALLY bad, so they will have to outscore everyone... which has worked so far, but won't carry you to a championship.

svt_pony

Go Buckeyes
D.R. looked pretty good this weekend. I'd put him 2 on my heisman list if I had a vote. I'd put Oregon RB James 1 at this point. Once D.R. plays a few more challenging conference games, that will make or break his heisman campaign.

However, the "Defense" needs some serious help. They won't be able to let Sparty's, or Wisconsin's offense go wild like the Hoosiers and expect to win in the final drive.

I still hope D.R. stays healthy for the season. I'm not sure he will be able to take a season's worth of hits and still be ready to go.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
D.R. looked pretty good this weekend. I'd put him 2 on my heisman list if I had a vote. I'd put Oregon RB James 1 at this point. Once D.R. plays a few more challenging conference games, that will make or break his heisman campaign.

However, the "Defense" needs some serious help. They won't be able to let Sparty's, or Wisconsin's offense go wild like the Hoosiers and expect to win in the final drive.

I still hope D.R. stays healthy for the season. I'm not sure he will be able to take a season's worth of hits and still be ready to go.

He needs RBs to step up and take some of the load off. Shaw was hurt last week which didn't help as he had established himself as the clear #1 HB.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' GTI
preseason polls are ridiculous but both SI and ESPN had Arizona State ranked in the low 20's.

Hasn't happened since 04', decent coach, some good recruits and even Brock Oswieler looks like a D-1 QB.

I like Steven Threet but I think his eligibility is up.

Not like the Pac-10 is a murderer's row of tough opponents but with a trip to Illinois next year, Sun Devils could place themselves in a good spot for a decent bowl game..

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I'd love it if we could get more MKVers in here to talk football!!!

Who do you guys think should win the Heisman and how do you feel about the REMATCH!!!!?

PCDT99

Banned
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
Sounds like RG3 will be a big favorite... Luck has been tossed to the back. I think its funny how they vote and have a winner before all the bowl games.

About the rematch, i dono how i feel about it. I mean they have already played each other.. There are other 1 loss teams out there that i think should get a chance at Bama. OK State might be a good match up, i know they lost to ISU but lets be honest. That was a total Utah Alabama game... Wouldnt happen again if they lined up against each other.

Whats everyones take on the Rose bowl this year? Oregon, Wisconsin should be a pretty good game.