GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold start transmission/engine issue?

mcginnisflow

Hey everyone. I don't really post on here, but I've been observing everyone's posts on everything for a couple weeks now (wow that sounds terrifying)

I own a '15 gti autobahn DSG, and this is my first VW. as of now, I work in sales and put about ~1700 miles on per month.

The car is garage kept but seems to act very strange when it launches from a cold start. usually I'll put it from P to D, and when I hit the gas, the car shudders as if I didn't give it enough gas when I let off the clutch.(if this was a 6 speed)

Today was a little different.

When I left this morning, I pulled out of the driveway and let the car idle for a moment while I ran in the house. When I shifted from P to D and hit the gas, I was anticipating the usual shudder from the car, but this time it bucked and jerked around 2-3 times as if I was riding a rodeo horse, and continued on as if nothing happened.

This only happens once a day after a "cold start" usually.

Does anyone know what this could be? and if anyone else is experiencing this?

Again, my daily driving experience hasn't been affected, but if it sounds of of the ordinary, like what happened this morning, I want to get it checked out before it gets worse.

Thanks everyone.

(ps: my car is bone stock, and my driveway is on an incline if this means anything.)

mcginnisflow

Sorry..I mean that when I'm going from a full stop to putting my foot on the gas, not literally using the launch control feature every time I leave my driveway.

ZoinksGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm having this issue as well as the rough idle problem. The engine light came on yesterday with no other diagnostic info at all. Power seems reduced, so I'm not sure if there is an issue with the turbo or what.

DanSandGTI1

Hey everyone. I don't really post on here, but I've been observing everyone's posts on everything for a couple weeks now (wow that sounds terrifying)

I own a '15 gti autobahn DSG, and this is my first VW. as of now, I work in sales and put about ~1700 miles on per month.

The car is garage kept but seems to act very strange when it launches from a cold start. usually I'll put it from P to D, and when I hit the gas, the car shudders as if I didn't give it enough gas when I let off the clutch.(if this was a 6 speed)

Today was a little different.

When I left this morning, I pulled out of the driveway and let the car idle for a moment while I ran in the house. When I shifted from P to D and hit the gas, I was anticipating the usual shudder from the car, but this time it bucked and jerked around 2-3 times as if I was riding a rodeo horse, and continued on as if nothing happened.

This only happens once a day after a "cold start" usually.

Does anyone know what this could be? and if anyone else is experiencing this?

Again, my daily driving experience hasn't been affected, but if it sounds of of the ordinary, like what happened this morning, I want to get it checked out before it gets worse.

Thanks everyone.

(ps: my car is bone stock, and my driveway is on an incline if this means anything.)
This sounds like an air/fuel problem at cold startup. Actually, it sounds a lot like what I experienced on both my mk6's with the intake manifold flap motor issue that plagued the mk6.
Before putting it in D, give it a few low rpm revs while still in park... Does the rough idle go away?

DanSandGTI1

Didn't for me.

Displayed the eco-tip of not revving the engine in P, which is irritating. :)
Time to make an appointment with your dealership.. At least the engine light is on, which means it threw a fault code for easy diagnosis with the service tech.

ZoinksGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Took it in last week, they kept it overnight.

Apparently a harness came loose, which is awesome for a car with 112 miles on it. I'm sorry to say that I don't know which one since I didn't stick around to belabor the point. Returned the loaner and ran. The service report didn't specify either.

Haven't noticed the rough idle issue since, but that is likely coincidental. I'd hate to think that a loose harness would do that.

mcginnisflow

Yeah, a loose harness doesn't make too much sense, especially after only 112 miles. I just rolled over 5k and it's been like that off and on since I got it. I have to get a piece of trim replaced, so when I go in I'll check that out too and see if they can specify exactly what it is that caused it.