GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Air Induction

Schurke

Does anyone have any experience with AMS cold air intake kits? Specifically the carbon fiber kit. Any noticeable difference in performance?

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
If you break your's, I'll sell you mine for $60 ;)

Luckyarmpit

Ready to race!
Intakes don't increase performance on stock cars. Put an afe dry filter in there and remove the snowscreen.

I have definitely noticed more responsiveness in the low-end once a CAI or SRI is installed. Not 'performance' if you will, as in I probably can't measure a faster 0-60 time or a measurable increase in BHP. All three cars I installed one in ('17 Civic Si (RIP), '19 Accord 2.0T, '03 Wrangler w/ 4.0L) all feel peppier in lower RPMs. I definitely plan on getting the APR CF intake for my '18 Golf R.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have definitely noticed more responsiveness in the low-end once a CAI or SRI is installed. Not 'performance' if you will, as in I probably can't measure a faster 0-60 time or a measurable increase in BHP. All three cars I installed one in ('17 Civic Si (RIP), '19 Accord 2.0T, '03 Wrangler w/ 4.0L) all feel peppier in lower RPMs. I definitely plan on getting the APR CF intake for my '18 Golf R.

It's your money so do what you want. You said "not performance if you will". I think that you're reacting to the sound of a CAI and thinking it sounds faster. Countless dyno test show that a CAI or SR don't produce a power boost that you can feel.

Luckyarmpit

Ready to race!
It's your money so do what you want. You said "not performance if you will". I think that you're reacting to the sound of a CAI and thinking it sounds faster. Countless dyno test show that a CAI or SR don't produce a power boost that you can feel.

The Butt Dyno may come into play, yes. I'm not debating that. And the sounds are oh-so-sweet. Not denying that either. But I do know that it feels stronger throughout lower RPMs. Hey, if that's a result of the Butt Dyno I'm okay with that too. :D