GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coin slot cover insert

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I meant a wrap not actually out of carbon

By all means these pieces are plastic so they can be sanded / painted / wrapped etc how ever you would want to do it. For me though, I will not be doing that process, that will be up to each individual if that is something they are interested in.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
By all means these pieces are plastic so they can be sanded / painted / wrapped etc how ever you would want to do it. For me though, I will not be doing that process, that will be up to each individual if that is something they are interested in.

I agree with this approach

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
To answer some of these questions:
1. Texture isn't going to match it is 3d printed
2. The edge lines up with the edge that is already there (see picture 1 in post 1). It can be made to go along the cup holder but that will complicate it more and give pointed edges where things can get snagged on which is not good. Also there is no place to secure the piece down there other than if you double sided tape it.
3. I can bevel the edge, i will see how it looks, but yes i am sure a power plug will fit because i use mine

-Thank you very much for the comments and suggestions (sincerely) they are good feeback and help me develop this piece.

Also a few posts up it was asked how thick the piece is. It is 2mm thick and is slightly raised over the stock slot. I can do 1mm to make it more flush, but that might make it too weak. If you plan on putting it in and not removing it a bunch of times 1mm might be fine though.

I'm not sure if you've seen my OBDelholster, which I've sold on this forum, but it is also a 3D printed piece, which I sand and paint before shipping. I offered it as a plain printed part, or finished. Only one out of almost 50 orders were for the finished part. It's a lot of work.

I'll echo some of the comments by others-- I agree with the idea of just printing the part and shipping as is, letting the buyer sand and paint as he wishes. Having a rounded edge around the 12V socket bore would be nice. Depending on the thickness of the cover, something like a 5mm radius could be nice. On the other hand, if the cover is sanded extensively, this can alter the appearance of, and even eliminated, the rounded edge. The buyer can also just sand a soft edge into it if desired.

What plastic are you using? ABS? ASA?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
In for one!

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I am now taking preorder sales. As of right now I am just going to sell the blank piece with no logos or anything on it, but will be experimenting with putting something on it. To me i feels better smooth than having some raised lettering on it, but i guess that is personal preference. Best bet might be painting something on there yourself if you can think of something you want.

thanks all.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I am now taking preorder sales. As of right now I am just going to sell the blank piece with no logos or anything on it, but will be experimenting with putting something on it. To me i feels better smooth than having some raised lettering on it, but i guess that is personal preference. Best bet might be painting something on there yourself if you can think of something you want.

thanks all.
What's the turnaround time?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
What's the turnaround time?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

First batch goes out early next week

Any pics of the underside tabs to show how it mounts?

I will get pictures of the underside today

I'm in, how much will it cost, when and where do we pay?

Costs in the first post, i like people pming me so i can track it better.
But $15 for repeat customer, $20 for new. Free shipping continental US on all.