GOLFMKV

Coilovers - rear dampening adjustable from bottom

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Thanks for all the comments. I’ve narrowed it down to:

EQT
Cons are NVH from the camber plate. I’d also have to go with custom spring rates because the defaults are too low in the rear. Wish Swift or Hyperco springs were an option.

KW Street Comfort
Cons are rears have to be removed to adjust dampening

H&R OE Sport + Koni Yellows or Bilstein B8
Cons are Limited to no adjustability.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
Are all from Taiwan-Forge, EQT, K-sport, YCW, BC, etc?

If I had to hazard a guess, that sounds likely. That said, I’m sure there are subtle tweaks (piston size, calving, materials used, etc) that each manufacturer can make.

But there’s at also the difference between the newer style rear shocks that adjust from the bottom (EQT, Forge, et al.) vs. the top (K-Sport and BC and such).

Thanks for all the comments. I’ve narrowed it down to:

EQT
Cons are NVH from the camber plate. I’d also have to go with custom spring rates because the defaults are too low in the rear. Wish Swift or Hyperco springs were an option.

KW Street Comfort
Cons are rears have to be removed to adjust dampening

H&R OE Sport + Koni Yellows or Bilstein B8
Cons are Limited to no adjustability.

I don’t believe EQT has camber plates. Others at a similar price point do, and I haven’t heard many complaints about NVH. I might be getting confused, but I think custom rates are an option for EQTs.

ORT Coilover look similar, at least in picture comparison and specs, to EQT, and have Swift, Hyperco, and Eibach spring upgrades and available as a standalone purchase. Will those springs fit EQT? No idea haha.

I keep switching back and forth between Koni Yellows and coilovers just to keep it simple. With too many adjustments it’s easy to go down a rabbit hole.

Last edited:

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I don’t believe EQT has camber plates. Others at a similar price point do, and I haven’t heard many complaints about NVH. I might be getting confused, but I think custom rates are an option for EQTs.

ORT Coilover look similar, at least in picture comparison and specs, to EQT, and have Swift, Hyperco, and Eibach spring upgrades and available as a standalone purchase. Will those springs fit EQT? No idea haha.

I keep switching back and forth between Koni Yellows and coilovers just to keep it simple. With too many adjustments it’s easy to go down a rabbit hole.

I was mistaken EQT has pillow ball top mounts in front which can cause NVH. I thought they also had adjustable camber. Maybe I can remove them without voiding warranty...

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI

I thought ORT from Fortune Auto. I consider Fortune 510 for MK7 GLI.