GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers - rear dampening adjustable from bottom

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Which coilovers offer rear dampening adjustment from the bottom? From my research only EQT and Bilstein B16? I know some brands sell an extended rear adjustment tool but can those be used from the bottom or only from the top by drilling a hole through the car?

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
Which coilovers offer rear dampening adjustment from the bottom? From my research only EQT and Bilstein B16? I know some brands sell an extended rear adjustment tool but can those be used from the bottom or only from the top by drilling a hole through the car?

KW V3 can be adjusted easily by jacking up the rear a bit.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
Catuned and ORT as well. ORT has gotten decent reviews from the Audi world recently. Not as much out there from Catuned, but seems relatively positive.

EQT, Forge, Catuned, and ORT seem pretty similar. 24-32 clicks of adjustment, adjustable camber plates/pillowball mounts, and bottom of shock adjustment. I like that EQT has more testing/tuning time on the MQB platform, and fixed camber plates might be a positive imo - less to go wrong or add NVH.

I’m sure the devils are all in the details though which would require a little more digging.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Ohlin

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Seems not many in the $1500-$1700 range which sucks. Don’t like Bilstein so maybe I need to consider going with BC Racing or hope I won’t need to adjust KW street comforts more than once.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
A few are in the $1-1,250 range. I'd pay a few more bucks over BC for the ease of the rear adjustment.

Not knocking BC's at all. Had a set on a different car and was absolutely pleased. I just prefer the ease of adjustment on the lower shock placement if I were buying a set, but I'm easily enticed by knobs to turn lol. My only concerns are reliability when exposed to salt and other road grime.

But realistically, how often do you think you'll feel the need to adjust the damping?

GTI-CAL

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. I wonder if the V2 and the Street Comforts can also be adjusted this way.

i have the street comforts and no, it can't be. Terrible how theres no easy access to adjust from the rear without removing the shock. KW does make reach tool that connects to the adjustment knob.