GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers, new springs, cutting springs

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting either coil overs or new springs for my 90TSI. Can anyone recommend any brands or products. Before I get the new parts I am considering just cutting my springs to drop the car a little bit. What is the general consensus on this ?

Cheers

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Please don't cut them. You'll harm your car. Shocks mostly.

Coilovers are the best option but might be a bit too expensive.

Check

KW for coilovers

H and R for springs or coilovers

Eibach for springs

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
davidjpeters, i too have the 90tsi. im currently looking at the same scenario of wheels and suspension. i think its looking like 4-500 on coilovers..... probably worth it in the long run though as lower springs can certainly become a pain if too low. :)

Interesting update here had a look at the rear suspension setup of the Golf and the spring and shockies are seperate so cutting springs isnt possible. Looking at getting a nice set of lowering springs for now.

MisterB

Ready to race!
davidjpeters, i too have the 90tsi. im currently looking at the same scenario of wheels and suspension. i think its looking like 4-500 on coilovers..... probably worth it in the long run though as lower springs can certainly become a pain if too low. :)
Sorry, if I may correct you a little; the 1.2TSI is actually 77kw while the 90TSI is the 1.4TSI 90kw. They are running on different rear suspension set ups.

Cheers :)

Blue-Motion-Ricky

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, if I may correct you a little; the 1.2TSI is actually 77kw while the 90TSI is the 1.4TSI 90kw. They are running on different rear suspension set ups.

Cheers :)

tooshay or however it is spelt lol.

i keep saying 90tsi as its 84bhp. after saying it loads of times its easier to state 90tsi. not to confuse anyone with the 1.4 :)

MisterB

Ready to race!
Ah, now I understand. :)

In Australia, the naming convention for Golfs go by the engine power, in Kilowatts. So the 1.4TSI 122 is the 90TSI, 1.4TSI 140 is the 103TSI.

Anyhow, the suspension set ups for Golfs with less than 90kW or 120bhp are different, so do take note of that on your hunt.