GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coil overs or shocks and springs?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
NY is riddled with shitty roads, which is what's been holding me back from lowering. Been mostly adding reinforcements, got 18x8.5 wheels fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 @ 235's.

Not familiar with DG springs, but I've been going back and forth with the idea of staying at stock height, or a mild drop. 🤷‍♂️

I lived in northern NJ for a few short years in the early 90's. I've driven most of NJ...driven in NYC and parts of upstate NY. The roads are pretty beat in some places and some are not. At the same time...there are a lot of people that live in the tri state area with some pretty slammed cars. It all depends on how much you can tolerate.

The DG are the Driver Gear springs. They give a pretty moderate lowering and can be used with the factory struts.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/post-your-vw-driver-gear-spring-setup.320138/

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I lived in northern NJ for a few short years in the early 90's. I've driven most of NJ...driven in NYC and parts of upstate NY. The roads are pretty beat in some places and some are not. At the same time...there are a lot of people that live in the tri state area with some pretty slammed cars. It all depends on how much you can tolerate.

The DG are the Driver Gear springs. They give a pretty moderate lowering and can be used with the factory struts.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/post-your-vw-driver-gear-spring-setup.320138/
Yup, I do see tons of slammed cars in the area, but some of them look like shit after eating carbs and speed bumps. Hopefully with spring around the corner, I can meet up with a few locals at the Bear Mountain Car show and runs. We'll see. Thanks for the insight.

GTI_JoEy

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE 6SPD M
NY is riddled with shitty roads, which is what's been holding me back from lowering. Been mostly adding reinforcements, got 18x8.5 wheels fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 @ 235's.

Not familiar with DG springs, but I've been going back and forth with the idea of staying at stock height, or a mild drop. 🤷‍♂️
This is what I’m considering doing with stock wheels. Not lowering but getting a bit bigger tire. I’d like to lower so the car could get more planted, but am confused which route I should take.

GTI_JoEy

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE 6SPD M
Yup, I do see tons of slammed cars in the area, but some of them look like shit after eating carbs and speed bumps. Hopefully with spring around the corner, I can meet up with a few locals at the Bear Mountain Car show and runs. We'll see. Thanks for the insight.
Bro, I live right off the saw mill. By saw mill river rd and tuckahoe.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Bro, I live right off the saw mill. By saw mill river rd and tuckahoe.
I used to live in Washington Heights back in the day, but now up by Middletown in Orange County. Always went out to Yonkers/White Plains area, Cross County Plaza back in the day. Actually just started a new job down in Yonkers but work full remote so I've only been down there twice since November. That Toys R Us up on that hill back in the day was a child hood staple. 😁

GTI_JoEy

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE 6SPD M
I used to live in Washington Heights back in the day, but now up by Middletown in Orange County. Always went out to Yonkers/White Plains area, Cross County Plaza back in the day. Actually just started a new job down in Yonkers but work full remote so I've only been down there twice since November. That Toys R Us up on that hill back in the day was a child hood staple. 😁
That’s dope. I used to live in the Bronx until I moved here in 2017. I ride around Central Park Ave all the time, my memory as a child was the Nathan’s that was there that had the giant arcade. It’s still there, however, minus the arcade.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
That’s dope. I used to live in the Bronx until I moved here in 2017. I ride around Central Park Ave all the time, my memory as a child was the Nathan’s that was there that had the giant arcade. It’s still there, however, minus the arcade.
Yup, I remember going there.