GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coding DRL off with blinker

xhaloz

Passed Driver's Ed
I'ved looked everywhere and I've only found DIMMING the DRL. Anyone have the instructions for coding the DRL off when the blinker is activated.

Thanks!

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I've seen many people talk about that. Just wondering why you would want it that way? I notice that some cars with LED like the Dodges and Camaros have the DRL's turn off when the signal light is on. On those cars it looks very tacky.

Just wondering if there is any advantage to it?

xhaloz

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen many people talk about that. Just wondering why you would want it that way? I notice that some cars with LED like the Dodges and Camaros have the DRL's turn off when the signal light is on. On those cars it looks very tacky.

Just personal preference.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
You do know that it is a safety feature of the car, so that it directs a drivers attention to the blinking light, rather than the LED. This way they actually can see that you are turning. In the twilight, with the non LED turn signals it is not the easiest to see them head on.

flygteye

Ready to race!
Try this.....
09 Central Electronics
16 Security code....31347
10 Adaptations
8-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2 > Not Active
8-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3 > Not Active
8-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4 > Not Active
8-Leuchte5TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 > Not Active
Do it!! :)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion

I notice some Seat and Audi's are like this, I thought the Golfs were too, but I checked in a reflection, mine doesn't and you can see the indicator already.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

It does look weird but besides being a safety measure it's a federal mandate but in my opinion it does look better just dimming a bit when turn signals are on

xhaloz

Passed Driver's Ed
Try this.....
09 Central Electronics
16 Security code....31347
10 Adaptations
8-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion C 2 > Not Active
8-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3 > Not Active
8-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion C 4 > Not Active
8-Leuchte5TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion C 5 > Not Active
Do it!! :)

Thanks man this worked like a charm!!!

boy412

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GSW TDI (DSG)
I'ved looked everywhere and I've only found DIMMING the DRL. Anyone have the instructions for coding the DRL off when the blinker is activated.

Thanks!

Can you please post where you found the coding for dimming the DRL's? I think that looks cool (for example, 50% dim when signals are active).

Thanks!

newGTIguy87

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought the North American GTIs already turn off the drl with the blinker active and the low beams off (automode during day). I know when the low beams are on, the drls dont turn off. (automode at night).

newGTIguy87

I too am interested in the coding for dimming. I saw a youtube video where a guy coded the amber blinker and the drl to alternate when signalling. I am still looking for the coding to do this.