GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

Tone1

Ready to race!
Hey guys, so now that the Cobb AP is starting to get a bit more attention, and seeing how incredibly simple it is to get high quality logs out of the unit, I figured it would be a good idea to start putting them together in one place rather than hijacking other threads.

Please include your relevant mods, fuel type, and specific tune file you're using. Here's some over a few different maps I've accumulated over the last few weeks.

Mods:
CTS catless TBE
CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe
aFe air filter w/snow guard removal
Boomba DV spacer

All logs are using Shell 93 Octane in Michigan

Stage 3 91 octane
This is what I'm running right now. Timing pull is far from ideal, but 90% of the knock you'll see in the other logs is gone. AFR goes extremely rich at the beginning of 4th. Fuel trims have been suggested as a likely issue.
http://datazap.me/u/antoneloc/cobb-ots-stage-3-91-oct-file-0?log=0&data=1-9-13-31&zoom=0-77

Stage 2 93 octane
This was not a happy log. Knock all over the place, massive timing pull, just bad all over. Possibly due to winter gas in addition to the possible fuel trim issue.
http://datazap.me/u/antoneloc/cobb-ots-stage-2-93-oct-file-0?log=0&data=5-9-17-18-19-28

MAP Stage 1 93 Octane
Similar issues to Cobb st 2, though seemingly not as severe. Still not comfortable running this map regularly, though it was not designed for the hardware I have installed, mainly the DP.
http://datazap.me/u/antoneloc/4th-gear-pulls-map-stg-1-93-oct?log=0&data=5-9-13-17-18-19-20

Let's see what you got and what kind of problems we can solve. More data points always help yield results.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Yeah I don't have anything like that going on at all on Cobb Stage 3 or MAP Stage 1. I would lean toward some really crappy gas. I don't have the IC on these runs done at 25 deg F.

EDIT: Your AFR is in the 10s dude, that doesn't seem right. Through the same interval on my AP log I was at 13.16 to your 10.74 under WOT on the MAP 93 tune. My Cobb Stage 3 log is about 13.36 over the same interval to yours once again in the upper 10s.

MAPerf Stage 1

Cobb Stage 3 (little bit of knock)

Last edited:

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
The lowest AFR I've seen on my pull was 11.6.

Which is still too low for my liking.

Last edited:

Tone1

Ready to race!
I'm definitely with you on the bad gas. I think I may have an underlying issue that is also contributing to it. Don't know if just gas would have such an extreme effect.

Venumous

Ready to race!
I don't know if bad gas is going to get your AFR down to a 10.7. Something else is going on there. I would not be running any extra boost right now until you figure it out nor would I be going WOT.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Mods:
Stock airbox with K&N filter and snowguard removal

California so 91oct.

Cobb OTS 91 STG 1
General driving log with some short pulls, pretty sure we are still on winter blend gas
http://datazap.me/u/jovian/cobb-ots-stg-1-spirited-driving?log=0&data=9

Once I get some good logging done and once ot stops raining I will switch to Stg1+ profile and get some logs from it after it adapts.

Eventually getting e-tuned by freektuning. But need the weather to cooperate first.

Venumous

Ready to race!
That's a ridiculous log man but it shows your AFR in the same range as mine. The OP has some sort of hardware issue creating a very low AFR and thus the problem.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
That's a ridiculous log man but it shows your AFR in the same range as mine. The OP has some sort of hardware issue creating a very low AFR and thus the problem.

Yeah its not amazingly useful for this but does show AFR. Really needs to stop raining around here so I can do some proper logs.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Tone, maybe log the stock tune, see how that looks. Process of elimination. Am I seeing around 8-9 psi boost?

Tone1

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Perry01

Ready to race!
The knock sensors are very sensitive on our motors. I'd check to make sure everything is nice and secure. Have you checked your exhaust clamps and bolts?