GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

gicastillo_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. After reading this, I went for a drive and did a quick pull. I have the ots stage1 91 octane with a drop in filter and I realized that my afr got down just below 11 to about 10.7. Haven't done a log yet due to the rain.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Ive had some iffy logs but I'll be adding some torco and then re-logging. This winter gas sucks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Venumous

Ready to race!
Hey guys. After reading this, I went for a drive and did a quick pull. I have the ots stage1 91 octane with a drop in filter and I realized that my afr got down just below 11 to about 10.7. Haven't done a log yet due to the rain.

You have to view it in log form. A single value is not very useful without the other conditions.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Exhaust gas temperature

Edit - too high and the motor dumps fuel to avoid pre-ignition and or detonation (depending on the situation) usually

Last edited:

Tone1

Ready to race!
Can you log EGT? This will also make the ECU pour in fuel if the safety limit is reached.

Should be able to! Thanks for the input George, as always.

EGT = Exhaust Gas Temperature

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion

This log when you shift to 4th looks the best, the timing advance looks a bit late but I'm comparing this to what I've seen from Eurodyne... which is aggressive as all hell.

In your MAP 4th gear beta log you have massive correction in cylinder 3 which mirrors one of the problems I was having at the start of my woes.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Posted on the MAP thread thought it would be good info here also.

http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=5688

NEW coil packs apparently. Need to find out what revision I have. Gotta pop my hood and probably put these ones in if they don't match cheap and easy mode.

LOVED the red plugs when I did them in my MK6.

Might be worth a shot if you have knock.

I'll be doing this kit next Monday at HS when the new clutch goes in.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
This log when you shift to 4th looks the best, the timing advance looks a bit late but I'm comparing this to what I've seen from Eurodyne... which is aggressive as all hell.

In your MAP 4th gear beta log you have massive correction in cylinder 3 which mirrors one of the problems I was having at the start of my woes.

I made mistake on title. LOL fixing on here and on datazap. I will get logs for Cobb OTS3.

Yes similar to yours. Cyl 3 was before coil packs, plugs and FMIC on a 25-30* ambient night vs after parts on a 50* ambient night.

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Good to know the cylinder 3 issue was before coil packs, Tone has been reading this so we are going to try some of this on his car.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Good to know the cylinder 3 issue was before coil packs, Tone has been reading this so we are going to try some of this on his car.

Does he own your old car? Must be something in the air up there. :p Hahaha