GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB DSG tune

vw671

Autocross Newbie
If you go into the trouble shooting section of the AP, and then one says something about the TCU. In there you should find 10 items. Do them in order following all the instructions that it gives you.

I used my VCDS last night to do it and was able to run them all except the syncro point one. Might update the AP to the beta version so I can use it and see if that lets me reset the syncro one. VCDS gave me a requirements not met / sequence error.

You ran every one of the TCU reset/calibration items in the order listed?

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Seriously impressed. In my daily commute, I was getting 10l/100km with the 5150 dsg tune. Today I got 8.2l/100km with the EQT tune. Huge improvement and I don’t feel I lost any performance. If anything I feel the throttle is more responsive even though I don’t get how that would be related to the Dsg tune.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Seriously impressed. In my daily commute, I was getting 10l/100km with the 5150 dsg tune. Today I got 8.2l/100km with the EQT tune. Huge improvement and I don’t feel I lost any performance. If anything I feel the throttle is more responsive even though I don’t get how that would be related to the Dsg tune.

Wow that’s a big improvement in gas mileage. 18% is no joke!

The throttle feels more responsive because the TCU is more eager to downshift with throttle input. It’s also keeping you in a nice part of the powerband.

— Ed

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
You ran every one of the TCU reset/calibration items in the order listed?

Yes, so it was strange that I got an error with VCDS. That's why I'm thinking about re-doing it with the AP. I will say that the EQT V2 is like a night and day difference with everything reset. Far smoother and no strangeness so far.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Wish there were like trial runs for these tunes. I have the 5150 dsg tune but all this talk about the eqt one has me interested. Just don't want to spend the cash and end up not liking it more. Ha.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Wish there were like trial runs for these tunes. I have the 5150 dsg tune but all this talk about the eqt one has me interested. Just don't want to spend the cash and end up not liking it more. Ha.
Jon’s dsg tune generally keeps the rpm higher so doesn’t get quite as good gas mileage.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Really couldn't care less about gas mileage to be honest. Now if it's a bonus in addition to having a great dsg tune of course I'll take it. All I know is 5150s is much better than Cobbs but I think we can all agree most are better than Cobbs.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Really couldn't care less about gas mileage to be honest. Now if it's a bonus in addition to having a great dsg tune of course I'll take it.

Agreed and why I just stick in S or manual mode 100% of the time. Just got Ed's DSG tune loaded up 2 days ago on my R. So much better than the stock map, which is what honestly pushed me over the edge to get rid of my JB4 (which I loved) and go with full ecu/tcu tunes from EQT. Anyway, it's early on but loving the shift points in S mode. Haven't really tried D yet, but I almost never drive in D mode anyways. Great job Ed! Can't wait to get this thing to the track!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Agreed and why I just stick in S or manual mode 100% of the time. Just got Ed's DSG tune loaded up 2 days ago on my R. So much better than the stock map, which is what honestly pushed me over the edge to get rid of my JB4 (which I loved) and go with full ecu/tcu tunes from EQT. Anyway, it's early on but loving the shift points in S mode. Haven't really tried D yet, but I almost never drive in D mode anyways. Great job Ed! Can't wait to get this thing to the track!

Try D please. My S mode is really only meant for aggressive/track type driving. Great on backroads too. For daily, D works extremely well.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Really couldn't care less about gas mileage to be honest. Now if it's a bonus in addition to having a great dsg tune of course I'll take it. All I know is 5150s is much better than Cobbs but I think we can all agree most are better than Cobbs.
If you want your shift points based more on throttle input, then you'll like the EQT. The problem for me with stock/Cobb/5150 was the strict shift points unless you where really aggressive on the throttle. I'd say 5150 is somewhere in the middle between D and S on Cobb's Sport tune if that makes sense.

The EQT has a different feel/strategy, for the better IMO, that separates it from the other tunes I've tried. Keep in mind it's still all preference.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Try D please. My S mode is really only meant for aggressive/track type driving. Great on backroads too. For daily, D works extremely well.

Will do...my R isn't my daily so when I do drive it's generally spirited backroads/canyon carving, which is pretty much available straight out of the garage. Can't wait to get it out to High Plains here in Denver area as well!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey Ed, are you still planning on making a slightly modified dsg file for the GTI?

So far most issues have been resolved by running the tcu resets. If I get logs showing anything else, I’ll happily continue to refine.

— Ed