GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB DSG tune

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Can confirm, just tried to do the resets. Back to the shop to pick up my VCDS I guess. Balls.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I downloaded the beta firmware for the Accessport and the dsg adaptation stuff worked again. COBB told me they should have a new release out soon.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Has this affected the gauges on anyone's AP? The only gauges my AP is showing is for the DSG.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Has this affected the gauges on anyone's AP? The only gauges my AP is showing is for the DSG.
Not on the last full (non-beta) release.

The following gauges are still working for me:
IAT
Ignition Timing Final
Knock Retard Average
Boost
AFR

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not on the last full (non-beta) release.

The following gauges are still working for me:
IAT
Ignition Timing Final
Knock Retard Average
Boost
AFR

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks. I guess I'll have to call Cobb.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yep. Try the beta firmware.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Popped in the Eqt stage 3 dsg tune and liking it a lot better then the 5150 tune I was running. That one just seemed like a modified Cobb tune with higher shift points. The EQT responds so well to throttle input. You can lazily drive around or when needed just give it more throttle.

Great work. I’ll post any complaints or quirks if they come up.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Are we any closer to a DSG only AccessPort release?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Eurodyne's that bad?

It could be better. Drive mode seems to have two shift points, 2.5k RPM with less than 70% throttle and redline with more than 70% throttle.

Sport will shift at 3k with low throttle and is more variable above there.

If you slow down in 4th gear to 1800 RPM (for example, happens in every gear) it won't downshift to third unless you are going up a hill or nearly floor it.

All of these things are livable since I just tap the paddles to get what I want, but like I said, it could be better.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Popped in the Eqt stage 3 dsg tune and liking it a lot better then the 5150 tune I was running. That one just seemed like a modified Cobb tune with higher shift points. The EQT responds so well to throttle input. You can lazily drive around or when needed just give it more throttle.

Great work. I’ll post any complaints or quirks if they come up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Are we any closer to a DSG only AccessPort release?

I brought it up with them and they’re seriously considering it. Seems like it will happen soonish.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Which setting is used to perform the dsg reset?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Which setting is used to perform the dsg reset?

If you go into the trouble shooting section of the AP, and then one says something about the TCU. In there you should find 10 items. Do them in order following all the instructions that it gives you.

I used my VCDS last night to do it and was able to run them all except the syncro point one. Might update the AP to the beta version so I can use it and see if that lets me reset the syncro one. VCDS gave me a requirements not met / sequence error.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Ok makes sense. I thought there was a master reset rather then each individually.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Ok makes sense. I thought there was a master reset rather then each individually.

There is with the VCDS, but it gives you a scary message about possibly having to hook up to ODIS for a factory reset if something goes wrong.