GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb AP (V201 maps) - 2018 Golf-R (USDM) - Start Stop doesn't work

funks

Ready to race!
Anybody here running into an issue with the Cobb AP tunes turning off Start and Stop on their 2018 Golf R? My AP has the latest firmware and the latest maps (v201) but Start and Stop doesn't work saying the "Driver Side Door" is open when it's time to kick in.

Battery is fully charged, seatbelt on, car up to temps, and (DRIVER SIDE DOOR is not open). If I uninstall the AP - the stock firmware works just fine.

A YouTuber mentioned this as well -

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I have the same car with the older firmware (cel Free), and mine does the same thing. On both eqt and cobb tunes. Personally I am fine with it like that, but the wife hates it dosent work. Subbed For a solution

funks

Ready to race!
Just an update - (2018 Golf R).

The latest version of the map files (V201) doesn't work with start and stop on my 2018 Golf-R.

Cobb sent me the older v110 map files (Stage 1-91 and Stage 1-93) and that version doesn't have a problem with Start and Stop. I asked them if they'll be fixing this on the latest v201 maps but yet to respond.

If you have a custom map (for example from EQ Tuning) - pretty sure if they base it off the v110 map file, it'll work just fine (at least for the 2018 Golf-R). If they base it off v201, it'll have the same problem.

Last edited: