GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb AP stock tune files for AP - R / S3

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It comes up every so often when a guy is looking to flash a stock ECU file on stock ROM / ECU ID. Whether for a dealership visit, or to make some OBD11 adjustments etc... there are a number of reasons you might want to temporarily not be running the Cobb consolidated ROMs.

I was doing a little digging around today on Cobb's site and came across this and figured I would share. It's a stock tune map pack. Any v1xx files are on stock ROM. Any v2xx files are on Cobb consolidated ROM.

You can expand the map pack in AP manager, or I was able to simply extract it using 7-zip as well. It's attached as a .zip so I can attach it... so yes, you might have to "extract" it twice, both the .zip and .ptp.

Attachments

• VLK-003 Stage0.zip
    258.3 KB · Views: 81

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
You guys can deal with zip file or 1.) make an account on Cobb tuning 2.) select your vehicle year/make/model 3.) go to "maps" section, and find the stage 0/stock ECU files. 4.) Add that file to your cart and complete the checkout procedure. 5.) Go to you "garage" and download the file.

The link that is generated can't be shared / I can only access it.

Deleting a single zip file is a hassle? lol

ScozR

Ready to race!
It comes up every so often when a guy is looking to flash a stock ECU file on stock ROM / ECU ID. Whether for a dealership visit, or to make some OBD11 adjustments etc... there are a number of reasons you might want to temporarily not be running the Cobb consolidated ROMs.

I was doing a little digging around today on Cobb's site and came across this and figured I would share. It's a stock tune map pack. Any v1xx files are on stock ROM. Any v2xx files are on Cobb consolidated ROM.

You can expand the map pack in AP manager, or I was able to simply extract it using 7-zip as well. It's attached as a .zip so I can attach it... so yes, you might have to "extract" it twice, both the .zip and .ptp.

Have you tried it? And does it really work? This is a reasonable work around instead of having to completely uninstall the AP, which seems riskier to me. Anyway, thanks for posting this!

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Have you tried it? And does it really work? This is a reasonable work around instead of having to completely uninstall the AP, which seems riskier to me. Anyway, thanks for posting this!

Yes I have done it several times now. In my case, I flash the 8V0906259K file, which is my stock ROM/OS. It is a slower flash than normal, since it's flashing the entire ROM vs calibration segment only...but still significantly quicker than uninstall/reinstall method.

Previously the only file that I had seen posted was my -K file on facebook. But I was messing around on Cobb site yesterday and came across all of them, so figured I would share it, especially for the GTI guys.

If you're not sure what your stock ROM was.... if you expand the entire map pack in AP manager and copy all the files over..... the non compatible ones will be greyed out / it wont let you select a file that won't work.

From my understanding the world market cars and MK7.5 on the newer SIMOS18.10 ECU don't run the more common consolidated ROMs, so likely those guys never needed this workaround in the first place.