GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb AP Readiness Monitor

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
With eqt stage 2 tune are all of the sensors forced into ready? So I am asking because I need an inspection next month and the sensors need to read as ready.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I dont think you can with their EQT stage 2 file as it disables some CELs for cat efficiency code etc. But you can flash any Cobb OTS file which will not affect the monitors in any way shape or form

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
I dont think you can with their EQT stage 2 file as it disables some CELs for cat efficiency code etc. But you can flash any Cobb OTS file which will not affect the monitors in any way shape or form
So to get inspected I should flash to a Cobb tune so it's able to be scanned for Inspection?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
EQT tunes will not show readiness state.
So in order to get inspected I should flash back to a Cobb tune so it's able to be scanned?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Yes and then check for readiness.
I did that and literally every sensor said not ready. How much do I have to drive it to get readiness to kick in? And in Massachusetts am I able to have 1 dtc and 1 not ready or do I need to have no dtc's and all ready?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I did that and literally every sensor said not ready. How much do I have to drive it to get readiness to kick in? And in Massachusetts am I able to have 1 dtc and 1 not ready or do I need to have no dtc's and all ready?
50 miles or so and several turn the engine on and off cycles. It's your DP causing the readiness problem. You're going to need the proper spacer for the 02 sensor. Gtijake is the best one to ask about that. There's others but his name comes to mind first. No idea on Massachusetts. That's why I saved my OEM DP.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

EQT tunes will not show readiness state.

This is all wrong info.

EQT doesn't disable any readiness monitors. That's illegal, and will get the EPA to shut their asses down. They've said so themselves plenty of times.

Asides from EQT saying that, my own anecdotal evidence is that both on their stage 2 tune, and this new custom tune, I've had all monitors 100% ready, without issue.

The only issues with EQT and emissions, is they instruct unplugging the rear O2 sensor, which will show a background DTC, but not necessarily a CEL. Plugging that in, you can then get a error for cat efficiency depending on your downpipe. Usually solved with a spacer.

It's one of the first things I verified after doing the Vortex swap and custom tune, that I had all monitors in a ready status, and no codes with my sensors plugged in.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
like Acadia said you can't disable the sensors. even the (potential) CEL isn't really disabled, it's just hidden from the dash, a scan will still bring it up.

with that said you can still pass smog, assuming that RI doesn't use a sniffer. if they're just scanning the OBD2 for readiness, CEL codes, etc then you really just need a proper spacer to prevent the CEL, then clear any codes and drive the car around until the AP3 shows the emissions monitors are ready

(of course this is all for education purposes and shouldn't actually be attempted ;))

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
50 miles or so and several turn the engine on and off cycles. It's your DP causing the readiness problem. You're going to need the proper spacer for the 02 sensor. Gtijake is the best one to ask about that. There's others but his name comes to mind first. No idea on Massachusetts. That's why I saved my OEM DP.
Yeah I installed a right angle spacer for it so I'll see

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
like Acadia said you can't disable the sensors. even the (potential) CEL isn't really disabled, it's just hidden from the dash, a scan will still bring it up.

with that said you can still pass smog, assuming that RI doesn't use a sniffer. if they're just scanning the OBD2 for readiness, CEL codes, etc then you really just need a proper spacer to prevent the CEL, then clear any codes and drive the car around until the AP3 shows the emissions monitors are ready

(of course this is all for education purposes and shouldn't actually be attempted ;))
Thank you. And Mass not RI. Yeah they check readiness, CEL, and DTC. I can have 1 thing be "not ready" but that's it.