GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport

The Alchemist

Ready to race!
Thinking of getting a Cobb for my 2018 R. I like the idea of having a tune that I can put back to stock at a moments notice if I need to. Plus I’ve ran Cobb’s in all my Subarus so I’m familiar with Cobb. But in your opinion is any one tune that much better than the another?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
EQT, 5150, Sneekytune and Stratified are some of the more popular Cobb tuners on this platform. I have been very happy with EQT and have a few tunes from them. The Cobb AP does come with a Simulated Stock tune that can switch you back to stock like settings. Since you are not uninstalling the AP this is the quickest method.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would say that EQT is the current most popular. Just curious though what circumstance would cause you to want to flash back to stock quickly?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
"oh shit it's the cops!" *switches to stock tune*

Or something like that. Idk.

The Alchemist

Ready to race!
I would say that EQT is the current most popular. Just curious though what circumstance would cause you to want to flash back to stock quickly?
Just in case something went wrong. I like the option of flashing the car back to stock to take it to the dealer. Or when it comes time to sell/trade it in. It’s nice to have the option.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just in case something went wrong. I like the option of flashing the car back to stock to take it to the dealer. Or when it comes time to sell/trade it in. It’s nice to have the option.

You can do that but the OEM ECU flash counter will still show how many times the ECU has been flashed. So if something went wrong the dealer would scan it and find out that you flashed it.