GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport V3: Note on installing for the first time

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
^^ That’s good to know, thanks.

Have you guys mounted the AP itself to your cluster area?
I hope the auto on/off on the AP actually works and not drain the car battery.

Auto on/off seems to be working for the most part. There are occasions where it doesn't turn back on when power is applied to the vehicle. :rolleyes:

As far as mounting the AP, I just went to walmart and bought a super cheap Schoche magnetic phone mount (the AP contains an internal magnet) for $8, and that's how I mount it.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks Cliff. I downloaded the latest firmware they had before install and it said something about it added on/off feature so wondered if it worked properly. That feature is usually a miss on my STI as the unit does not always power down.

Thanks for the info on the magnet mount. Did not know the AP had metal plate inside to support this.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Got my DSG Accessport a few days ago. Finally got my maps and tried to install the AP yesterday. But it wont install. I chose "install both engine and transmission". It backed up the DSG map correctly, but it never backs up the engine map, so it never installs.. i have a message out to Cobb to see if my ECU is unsupported. (2018 GTI SE) then you go to that site in the pic.. and it asks for a ROM instead of a DAT.... i sent them the DAT, cuz i dont have a ROM yet.. that happens during install..

yes, my AP has the latest firmware...

Attachments

• IMG_7840.JPG
    IMG_7840.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 112