GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb accesport - Stratified auto review , 2019 GTI

Borkowski

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to put a little review of the cobb accesport experience I got with my MK7.5 GTI.

First of, my first VW ever, so far appart of minor rattle I'm in love with this car, a very nice well rounded daily driver.

Last winter I did my list for tuning my vehicule, for tuning option I almost pulled a unitronic tune ( being from MTL they are local ) but ended up buying the accessport because I keep my car about 2 years ( work on the road ) and wanted to be able to resell the tune instead of returning the vehicule '' loosing '' the money I invested. Buyed the accesport from stratified automotive control, great service, very polite and professionnal ( will describe tune later on ) . Meanwhile in the winter I purchased FMIC, DP , turbo inlet pipe, BFI engine mount etc etc planing installing everything in the spring... Spring arrive, Covid-19, every garage are closed in Quebec because of the shutdown so I ended up installing the accessport with cobb base map

Cobb accesport basemap review : Installed the base 91 octane base map... what a difference, really wake the vehicule up. That being said already had experience with cobb base map on a subaru and they feel not well rounded, full throttle is ok but all the partial throttle are choppy and give a kind of ON and OFF personnality which is not let say perfect. Still enjoyed the difference, did a backroad quarter mile with winter tire, 106 mph of trap , great amelioration from the 99-100mph stock car trapped. Note that Cobb target boost is 22.5 max psi + - 2 psi and that I was overboosting to about 25.8 psi which is great but not great at the same time ( knock )

Cobb accesport DSG tune review : Purchased yesterday via stratified again and instaled this afternoon. OMG what a difference, to be honnest was not so impressed with the DQ381 DSG. Heard so much good thing about DSG gearbox, finally purchase one to find the 7 speed kind of lazy, slow to respond, delay to kickdown... With the Cobb sport tune , the gearbox feel how it should, no need to always drive the car in sport mode now, really impressed, really looking forward to try the Stratifed tune when cobb tuner while have the ability to make custom tune out of it.

Stratifed stage 1 91 oct review : Like I said earlier, with the Covid shutdown in Quebec, all garage are closed, so my stg2 tune will have to wait :( That being said I installed their stage 1 tune and it feel soooooo smooth compare to the cobb basemap... OEM drivability ! Gone is the on and off persona and choppinest at part throttle. Did a pull , trapped at 107mph ( uphill) with the car boosting at 23.3 psi peak and most important 0 knock ! So way more fun and smooth to drive, more safe, a little bit faster boosting 2.5psi less and way more spare power to come with stage 2 , how great is that!?!?

Looking forward to go stage 2 and all the goodies, overall very happy with my experience for both the accesport and stratified automotive controls. Will post updates.

Best regards ( please note that I'm a French canadian so my english is not perfect )

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Nice review. With regards to selling the AP when you sell the car you can do that but the Stratified tune won't work for the new owner. From what I read you have just the Cobb DSG tune right now and if that's correct get the Stratified DSG tune because it is way better than the Cobb DSG tune. When I got the Stratified DSG tune it was $125 don't know what it is now.