GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Suggestions?

Not sure, I didn't install it so I can only assume the indie euro shop that I used installed it correctly. Drives fine otherwise, just can't rev it out.

Didn't do the RMS while they were in there so maybe that's the issue, I don't know. Guess we'll find out once we crack it back open
How many miles do you have on the stage 4 kit? The Cerametalic material has a very slow wear rate, one of the longest lasting high hold materials on the market which is why I went with it when I decided to offer my own kits in 2014.
Could be fluid on it or even just grease that has worked its way onto the disk, if this is the case the material can be cleaned seeing it is metal based.

BTW where is the engagement point on the clutch pedal and which bearing did you use? Some people have found that the MK5/MK6 bearing tends to work better with my kits since they are slightly shorter then some of the MK7 bearings which do not allow the fingers to come all the way back up reducing the clamp load being put on the disk.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
How many miles do you have on the stage 4 kit? The Cerametalic material has a very slow wear rate, one of the longest lasting high hold materials on the market which is why I went with it when I decided to offer my own kits in 2014.
Could be fluid on it or even just grease that has worked its way onto the disk, if this is the case the material can be cleaned seeing it is metal based.

BTW where is the engagement point on the clutch pedal and which bearing did you use? Some people have found that the MK5/MK6 bearing tends to work better with my kits since they are slightly shorter then some of the MK7 bearings which do not allow the fingers to come all the way back up reducing the clamp load being put on the disk.

I was actually e-mailing you yesterday about it. I can't pull the transmission myself so if I'm going to pay someone to take it apart I'm just going to replace it.

Still haven't decided what to put in there yet but your stage 5 kit is on the short list.

Thanks

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Yeah this clutch is awesome! It’ll hold all the torque.

Do you drive it on the street? I just don't want a clutch that's going to suck on the roads. I do sit in traffic sometimes plus the normal stop sign / red light part of getting around.

I reached out to Spec for some more info on the kit and I have a line on a good deal for one I think. Just want to make sure it's right for me.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Do you drive it on the street? I just don't want a clutch that's going to suck on the roads. I do sit in traffic sometimes plus the normal stop sign / red light part of getting around.

I reached out to Spec for some more info on the kit and I have a line on a good deal for one I think. Just want to make sure it's right for me.
Yeah I use it on the street. Once broken in it behaves very similar to the HS Tuning RSR Hybrid clutch I ran before this one. It can be a little trickier to get a smooth takeoff from a stop but it really isn't nearly as bad as I had expected it to be. There's not many pictures of this unit so here you go.

97549800-56F5-4351-968A-762B9C0085F8.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

IMG_3625.JPEG

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Yeah I use it on the street. Once broken in it behaves very similar to the HS Tuning RSR Hybrid clutch I ran before this one. It can be a little trickier to get a smooth takeoff from a stop but it really isn't nearly as bad as I had expected it to be. There's not many pictures of this unit so here you go.

Well that's wonderful news. Dave @ Spec is crunching some torque numbers on a single disc setup that's not an actual kit they offer so I guess I'll see what he comes up with but this may be the way to go. A very reputable tuner shop near me sells Spec and installs these so it might be that easy!

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Well that's wonderful news. Dave @ Spec is crunching some torque numbers on a single disc setup that's not an actual kit they offer so I guess I'll see what he comes up with but this may be the way to go. A very reputable tuner shop near me sells Spec and installs these so it might be that easy!
Dave’s the man! Super responsive and answered all my questions. No doubt you’re in good hands!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
If you do end up getting the Mini Twin, not sure if you already do this or not, you do have to rev match when downshifting with this clutch.