GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch No Worky!

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
We told you not to get that clutch in a previous thread.

Sorry, had to do that šŸ˜‚
Hope you get it sorted though šŸ¤ž

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
After thinking about it for awhile, if the PP fingers were to make contact wouldn't the clutch pedal stop hard and not go down all the way?

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah, I already had it and was working on this problem at that time. I was just hoping to verify this clutch has been used and worked. At this point I wish I had gone with something used by more people so there would be more knowledge specific to it. But too late for that. Lesson learned.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
After thinking about it for awhile, if the PP fingers were to make contact wouldn't the clutch pedal stop hard and not go down all the way?
No.

Youā€™re thinking of it backwards, if the TOB is working its extending fully and not engaging enough because the fingers are already compressed some.

You could always try and bleed a few more gallons of fluid in there repeating what youā€™re doing with out any results....

Then after that drop the clutch and IF THE DISC has the springs itā€™s not designed for the dmf.

In regards to the clutch choice.... 1.itā€™s not like itā€™s a unknown brand and regardless of their history and popularity with the ā€œmk7ā€ platform doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a bad clutch.

And that rating like every rating is not exact... itā€™s based on companies assumptions and equations of - xyz pressure plate has xxxx lbs of holding power and itā€™s xxxx Stronger than the stock PP so it ā€œshouldā€ hold xxx% more + this discs Material has a xx friction coefficient rating which is xxx more than the stocks Material that we know is at least rated for the stock power so xxxxPP + xxx disc friction = Xxx TQ rating ā€œwe hopeā€.

If that spec has a stronger pressure plate that oem and clearly being and Kevlar should have a higher coefficient rating itā€™s should hold stage 2 fine. But all of that also depends on how the driver treats it.

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I won't have time to pull the whole thing apart for the third time for a couple of days. When I do I think it would be best to go ahead and put a different clutch in. If the measurements are off that would be the only option. So I'm looking to suck it up and get either an ACT or SB. I really don't want the extra noise, but this is my daily driver, I need to drive it not work on it for weeks. Any feedback on which of these two would work best?

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I think I will go with SB so I can get it from FCP and have the warranty. It seems like everyone uses the stage 3 daily and not the stage daily, is there a reason for this other than the extra torque? I'm assuming neither one is going to be quieter than the other.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So I think I will go with SB so I can get it from FCP and have the warranty. It seems like everyone uses the stage 3 daily and not the stage daily, is there a reason for this other than the extra torque? I'm assuming neither one is going to be quieter than the other.
There you go.

@MonkeyMD recently recommended the endurance - I wouldn't know the difference in pedal feel, engagement etc...

I have the daily and it is my favourite thing I have done to the car. You won't be disappointed.

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got ahold of someone at FCP Euro, and according to his input my problem is in the shift fork. Not sure how any damage would have occurred there since everything was running and driving perfect beforehand. Anyone want to chime in on whether or not this is plausible? And how would I go about checking and repairing it? Complete trans teardown I assume.

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Here is his email to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-174612_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210428-174612_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 101

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
There you go.

@MonkeyMD recently recommended the endurance - I wouldn't know the difference in pedal feel, engagement etc...

I have the daily and it is my favourite thing I have done to the car. You won't be disappointed.
It's not from personal experience. But feel between the 2 is the same, but the friction disc is kevlar in the endurance so will hold more torque

Post in thread 'South bend stage 3 daily vs. stage 3 endurance' https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...aily-vs-stage-3-endurance.348348/post-7087735

I am willing to buy and Install another clutch if I have to, I just want to be sure it will fix my problem.
If you had a 1.8, could sell you a stage 3 SB Clutch for cheap

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Here is his email to me.
Lol.

Iā€™ve already told you what to do and to check, if you prefer to assume the clutch is faulty without actually DIAGNOSING a your problem there really not much more I can suggest. So yeah go buy new one, but why do you feel that you canā€™t stick with a DMF setup still?

Btw... I just installed a stage 5 level clutch kit with a DMF after running my car with a stage 3/4 twin disc with a SMF

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I know what you said to check, and I intend to do just that. In order to do that the trans needs to be pulled again, as I stated in an earlier post I won't have time to do that for a couple days. Here's the deal, this is my daily driver and I need it running and driving. When I pull the trans and check it, if things don't measure out correctly then the clutch is not going to work and needs to be replaced, correct? I would like to have one ready to put in as soon as possible. If everything measures fine, then I can return the unused clutch, and I have no idea what to do at that point. I have reached out to as many resources as I can to try and find as much info as I can. I understand that until I have time to pull it and measure it nothing will be more than an educated guess. But I really find it hard to believe that in the 6 years this car has been out, and with all the mods and wrenching that has been done on them, that no one has ever had this problem and figured it out already. I still hope I can find that person or info, so I'll keep trying until I have time to pull the trans again. I mean no disrespect to you or your advice. I believe measuring it will provide some kind of answer as to the clutch. But I am not 100% sure it is even the clutch, I just assume that cause that's what's changed.

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
As for why not stick with the DMF? It seems most people on the forum are more satisfied with the SMF setups. They seem to be the most trusted trouble free setups. I'm just want to get something that works and allows me to drive my car rather than type about it. After the feedback from FCP I'm not sure I'm even barking up the right tree anymore. I'm just incredibly frustrated and unsure what to do. I have no idea what the problem really is, I just know I need to figure it out and fix it.