GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch at 1600

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Hi guys i got a southbend stage 3 daily clutch. I have about 1600 miles on it and now it feels just like the stock clutch. Is this normal? I did a pull yesterday and had traction issues so idk if it’s slipping or not. Took the proper steps to break in as well. Thanks ahead of time.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Slip is easy to see/feel.

RPM fly up, car doesn't pick up speed.

Struggling for traction will look like the tach pausing and then jumping as you hook up. The car will still accelerate but not at the same rate as being hooked up the whole time.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Hi guys i got a southbend stage 3 daily clutch. I have about 1600 miles on it and now it feels just like the stock clutch. Is this normal? I did a pull yesterday and had traction issues so idk if it’s slipping or not. Took the proper steps to break in as well. Thanks ahead of time.
Try third gear. Clutch should feel like stockish.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Slip is easy to see/feel.

RPM fly up, car doesn't pick up speed.

Struggling for traction will look like the tach pausing and then jumping as you hook up. The car will still accelerate but not at the same rate as being hooked up the whole time.
easier way to do it is to watch the gear indicator, if it disappears = clutch is slipping
what makes you think it's the clutch if you say you had "traction issues"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Traction issues and your clutch slipping are two totally different things.

After 1,600 miles, you could just have gotten used to the feel of it.