GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clunking sound in rear of car

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Damn, sorry you're still chasing this thing. The hatch bump stops are adjustable - there's a small Allen head in the center of the bump stop that you loosen, then you can slide the stop in our out as needed before tightening the Allen back down.

I think it was mentioned above, but did you double check and/or replace your sway bar end links?

One other thing I can think of - I believe some lowering springs have sleeves on the coils to prevent rubbing/contact. Is it possible this could be your issue? See these: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-034moto...YQeot_VUIig3T3d1Mzge6W9CNVlzXl2hoC8MMQAvD_BwE

Did not replace the rear bar endlinks with the install. Everything was OEM minus what was included with this kit, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...bfeRZDucRjyDqznDlf2BOaLHbCIohe0xoCWU0QAvD_BwE

The lowering springs did not have sleeves from what I could recall.

EDIT- I'm going to give the bump stops an adjustment tonight. Thank you.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So I picked up the 034 shock mounts and installed them this past weekend. I initially thought the sound went away, but it came back relative quick after a short drive around town. Thus, I'm ruling out them as having been the issue (though weird that it appeared to go away briefly). I'm not all that upset because they were about 100 bucks, I had to swap my winters to summers so wheels had to come off and overall, I can feel the rear has a more firm feel to it.

That said, I'm not sure what else to look at. At times, I'm almost thinking it's inside the hatch rather than outside. Almost like the hatch door, but when I press on the door, it's not moving around or shifting. I heard about hatch bump stops? Mine appear in tact and relatively the same length as one another. I'm not sure if they can be tweaked in anyway, but they look fine otherwise. Any other suspension parts I can review? It's only occurring on the passenger rear side which appears to be a common area reported by others when the clunk occurs.
there's a reason everyone says to avoid 034 mounts. stick to OE if you want rubber stuff.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
there's a reason everyone says to avoid 034 mounts. stick to OE if you want rubber stuff.

Honestly, nothing has changed between the 034 and OEM in regards to the sound. Though the rear has definitely tightened up. That said, I also had 034 mounts on my coil overs on the Mk6 GTI and no issues at all with them. I've personally not heard anyone say to stay away from 034 mounts, in fact typically the opposite.