GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clunk noise from BC racing coilovers

BGrade

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I installed a brand new set of BC Racing br series coilovers about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have a clunk in the right rear and now some in the front right as well. I have made sure the spring is seated in the cup in the rear. Added more spring preload all the way around. I’ve but and bolted everything. I can’t figure it out. Anybody have some feedback?

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
Check your rear swaybar links for the rear. Did you tighten down the adjustable collars on all 4 corners?

BGrade

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
FYI update, the rear rubber isolators that come with the BC Racing coilovers are a different size. You have to remove the rubber isolator from the rear lower control arms and install the supplied ones. Clunk noise gone.

ar23_gti

Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
FYI update, the rear rubber isolators that come with the BC Racing coilovers are a different size. You have to remove the rubber isolator from the rear lower control arms and install the supplied ones. Clunk noise gone.
rubber isolator you mean bumpstop?

Mk7_freddy

Car(s)
Vw mk7 gti
The rear oem strut mount bolts are marked. Mine has blue marks. Make sure they are aligned when you tourqe them to spec.