GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport Shifter

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I bought a Clubsport shifter for my ‘19 Golf Sportwagen and as you can see in the photo, there isn’t enough room in the knob for it to slide all the way down the shaft as far as the stock one (black sharpie mark), now I don’t mind the shifter being a little taller and therefore closer to the wheel, but the boot doesn’t have enough slack now and pulls tight when trying to go into a gear.
is my best bet either trimming the shaft, or trying to drill into the knob a little bit to let it go on a bit further?

E5645FA0-D3F9-4C6D-855F-FE7EAA37DDBA.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I bought a Clubsport shifter for my ‘19 Golf Sportwagen and as you can see in the photo, there isn’t enough room in the knob for it to slide all the way down the shaft as far as the stock one (black sharpie mark), now I don’t mind the shifter being a little taller and therefore closer to the wheel, but the boot doesn’t have enough slack now and pulls tight when trying to go into a gear.
is my best bet either trimming the shaft, or trying to drill into the knob a little bit to let it go on a bit further?

View attachment 227952
yeah the 1.8 cars have a longer shifter shaft, you can either cut or drill out the knob - your call really

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/20...lp-build-thread.9240773/page-4#post-113997279