GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Suspension

Hdoherty

Car(s)
gti golf
Hi All
New to the forum , has anyone fitted suspension upgrades to the Clubsport S. Any comments/feedback would be appreciated.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I've bought the Clubsport S front knuckles for my '16 R (hoping to achieve an extra 1* neg camber without any noise). Adding more grip to the front is always a good idea. I just haven't installed them yet.
Both front knuckles were $407us from e-acca.
5Q0407254E
5Q0407253E

Welcome to the forum.

Awdacty

I've bought the Clubsport S front knuckles for my '16 R (hoping to achieve an extra 1* neg camber without any noise). Adding more grip to the front is always a good idea. I just haven't installed them yet.
5Q0407254E
5Q0407253E

Welcome to the forum.

Is an extra degree what they're supposed to give you? I'm thinking about doing that rather than fixed camber plates.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
another option would be the Verkline LCA's, which are adjustable, or the Superpro arms which don't increase negative camber as much, but they increase caster, which adds dynamic camber.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
another lca option is ttrs front control arms which can get you to over 2.25 degrees or more. Wider track too

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Is an extra degree what they're supposed to give you? I'm thinking about doing that rather than fixed camber plates.
Yes, so say your car has -1* camber as it sits, after install it will have -2* camber, all factory, all quiet. If you want more then you can add other parts, just like you would with the stock parts...you're just starting from more negative camber already.
More and more options are popping up, I just chose this one over the modified upper strut mounts which give some people issues/noise.
Good luck.

HappyLegs

Passed Driver's Ed
5Q0407254E
5Q0407253E

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know if those part nos. will fit a 2019 GTI MK7.5? I've been doing some digging but haven't found a definitive answer.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Of course they will fit, the issue may be strut size. I have a 55mm outer diameter strut (w/DCC)...not sure what your GTI is; 50mm or 55mm.
The Clubsport S knuckles are designed for the 55mm diameter struts. If you have that, then you're good to go...and it's definitely worth it!

HappyLegs

Passed Driver's Ed
Of course they will fit, the issue may be strut size. I have a 55mm outer diameter strut (w/DCC)...not sure what your GTI is; 50mm or 55mm.
The Clubsport S knuckles are designed for the 55mm diameter struts. If you have that, then you're good to go...and it's definitely worth it!

I've got 55mm Koni Yellows on there already. Thanks for the info... I'll check out your other thread.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Any noticeable difference in driving or braking dynamics?
Not when just driving straight, I did notice more grip and better cornering immediately, the front tires are better planted. Was it significant? No, but I noticed it right away. On the race track I also noticed no sidewall roll over, there are many factors that contribute to that but I was pleasantly surprised I wasn't chewing up my new PS4S tires while on a track with many right and lefts hand off camber turns. Braking was same as stock, straight and true with no unsettled reactions at all.

Attachments

• 18550465-38F5-4B1F-8434-55503A89E550.jpeg
    18550465-38F5-4B1F-8434-55503A89E550.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 254