GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport S muffler

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
If anyone has a 6MT with the Clubsport S please give me your experience with this muffler
i have the TCR exhaust(same as clubsport but the pipes are spaced wider) on a 18 gti 6mt without any tune and fully stock exhaust wise.

No pops or anything. Just mildly louder in regular driving during acceleration. This exhaust comes alive when you give it the beans then it's very audible. No drone or added noises when cruising. Love it...I would not get any other exhaust because i think oem exhaust pipes looks and fits the best.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I really need to get mine installed. Bought a used one last October and it's been sitting ever since. I have a mk7.5 so I need to get the tips widened.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
I really need to get mine installed. Bought a used one last October and it's been sitting ever since. I have a mk7.5 so I need to get the tips widened.
sell it off to a mk7 owner and get the tcr exhaust. Rather do that than hack it up and not risk it looking right.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
sell it off to a mk7 owner and get the tcr exhaust. Rather do that than hack it up and not risk it looking right.

Meh. I got a good deal on it and the shop I'll take it to can build custom exhausts/headers/intake manifolds etc so I'm not worried about them butchering it.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
received my Clubsport s muffler today. went straight to the muffler shop n installed it on the same day. Sounds deeper and bassier than stock. Everything is stock just added the muffler. Took it to a parking garage n it’s definitely deeper makes the car stand out. Not as loud as I expected. sounds like a soundakator. I like it so far. You can hear the entire car more such as the engine n some noise in the rear. With the windows down u could hear it but road noise n wind goes over it making it slightly hard to hear. Not bad

Only have 30miles on the muffler i really hope it gets abit louder tbh. Wont be switching anytime soon tho. If anything i might get a DP in the upcoming months.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Where are you guys getting your clubsport S mufflers from? I'm debating between Cars245 and E-Acca.

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
received my Clubsport s muffler today. went straight to the muffler shop n installed it on the same day. Sounds deeper and bassier than stock. Everything is stock just added the muffler. Took it to a parking garage n it’s definitely deeper makes the car stand out. Not as loud as I expected. sounds like a soundakator. I like it so far. You can hear the entire car more such as the engine n some noise in the rear. With the windows down u could hear it but road noise n wind goes over it making it slightly hard to hear. Not bad

Only have 30miles on the muffler i really hope it gets abit louder tbh. Wont be switching anytime soon tho. If anything i might get a DP in the upcoming months.

I have had mine on for about a year and it is quite a bit louder than when I installed it.

Really loud gunshot bangs with the newest version of EQTs ots burble tune in sport mode.(way way too loud compared to the first ots tune) glad I only had it turned on for sport. Any future tunes will not have that option checked.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I can't seem to find anything on a DIY install for these on here or Google. Is there any videos or step by steps any of you have seen? Looking to get one and thought about doing the work myself to save a few bucks

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't seem to find anything on a DIY install for these on here or Google. Is there any videos or step by steps any of you have seen? Looking to get one and thought about doing the work myself to save a few bucks

All you really need is jack stands, sockets and something to cut the pipe and the connector to join the two pipes. I live in lewiston if you want to see what mine turned out like.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
All you really need is jack stands, sockets and something to cut the pipe and the connector to join the two pipes. I live in lewiston if you want to see what mine turned out like.
Lol no way. I'm actually from Youngstown but I just put the falls on there as it's more recognizable. I would love to check it out sometime. I'm pretty much already sold on it but I won't turn down seeing it in person first.

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol no way. I'm actually from Youngstown but I just put the falls on there as it's more recognizable. I would love to check it out sometime. I'm pretty much already sold on it but I won't turn down seeing it in person first.
Let me know, I am free most evenings. We can meet at Tops or something and head back to my garage so you can take a look and a listen.