GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport S muffler with resonator delete (?)

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hello guys!

I have a question.

My current setup is a CSS muffler with a CSS mid silencer and a 3 inch custom downpipe, but I am planning to replace my downpipe to the stock one because I dont like the stinky smell from the 200 cell racecat and the quality of the downpipe that I bought isnt good either.

Now I have the question how the experiences are with only a Clubsport S muffler in combination with a resonator delete and the stock downpipe. I think the sound will be great with nice farts but will there be a drone? And if this combination is experienced positively, is there still a qualification for a certain brand of the middle silencer? -or does that not matter that much ..

Thanks in advance,

Rick_gti @ Instagram

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You should be happy just re installing the OEM downpipe. Drone really isn't a factor with the OEM dowpipe because its so restrictive and thus much quieter than any aftermarket option

rick_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You should be happy just re installing the OEM downpipe. Drone really isn't a factor with the OEM dowpipe because its so restrictive and thus much quieter than any aftermarket option
I understand that it will be more quiet, but I am looking for people that got a OEM downpipe in combination with the Clubsport S muffler and a resonator delete; how is the sound? And will there be a drone becouse of the resonator delete?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I understand that it will be more quiet, but I am looking for people that got a OEM downpipe in combination with the Clubsport S muffler and a resonator delete; how is the sound? And will there be a drone becouse of the resonator delete?

Re read what I wrote.

Drone is NOT an issue with an OEM downpipe, period. Doesn’t matter what else you do or don’t have.

Resonator delete does next to nothing so you can skip that part of your explanation. The OEM resonator literally has a dozen or so holes connecting the inner and outer chamber so while it looks big it’s size has nothing to do with sound control.