GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clown car horn

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Just installed a set of Super Tone on my Alltrack. You can get a set on Amazon for under 30.00, and while not as clean as the ECS kit, you can pretty much achieve the same results using the supplied brackets and once the grill is reinstalled you can't even tell, and save 100.00

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wait is ECS charging $100 for just a bracket?

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but i took had horn failure recently and was looking to swap to Hella horns. I like the idea of the ECS bracket, but not sure i understand the point of the relay in the kit.

I have Hella horns on my other car (infiniti) and all that was done, was to extend the existing wires to the hella horns and plug in. Since i am not too familiar with the GTI fully, why would ECS or others not extend the existing wires from the OEM horns to the hella connectors (providing you eliminate the stock connectors)? 12v horn shouldn't cause that many electrical issue or draw compare to OEM horns.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but i took had horn failure recently and was looking to swap to Hella horns. I like the idea of the ECS bracket, but not sure i understand the point of the relay in the kit.

I have Hella horns on my other car (infiniti) and all that was done, was to extend the existing wires to the hella horns and plug in. Since i am not too familiar with the GTI fully, why would ECS or others not extend the existing wires from the OEM horns to the hella connectors (providing you eliminate the stock connectors)? 12v horn shouldn't cause that many electrical issue or draw compare to OEM horns.
The two horns need a lot of juice to produce the full "118db" of volume. You want the relay so the power is delivered "correctly" straight from the juice box.