GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic to base model

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
so the kit i got from aliexpress had the adapter wiring to go from the 2 connector to the three connector. what was said earlier about the sensors is true, also the vent flaps and ac run in requirements. Make sure to get the model specific j255 unit or your coding will error out. I got the 5td-907-044-ad which goes to the Touran. I need to swap to a 5gm or 5g0 part number because the unit is looking for extra controls.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-103307_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908-103307_AliExpress.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 438
  • 20200906_134019.jpg
    20200906_134019.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 427

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
so the kit i got from aliexpress had the adapter wiring to go from the 2 connector to the three connector. what was said earlier about the sensors is true, also the vent flaps and ac run in requirements. Make sure to get the model specific j255 unit or your coding will error out. I got the 5td-907-044-ad which goes to the Touran. I need to swap to a 5gm or 5g0 part number because the unit is looking for extra controls.
You're always going to have around 8 faults that you can't clear.

The sensors in that listing should not go in the footwells.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
You're always going to have around 8 faults that you can't clear.

The sensors in that listing should not go in the footwells.
Yeah oops on the passenger sensor.
The only faults that won't clear are for the flaps. I coded the sensors as not installed and did the flap adjust test and ac compressor start up run in.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
Any chance you could do a very, very brief 'how-to' on the install? I've bought the Aliexpress kit with the adapter cable and the 2x temp sensors.

I removed the side panels on the dash but could not find the rubber grommets that require removal on the upper vents. I even popped out the small cubby flap by the drivers knee and removed it, so I could get my arm up into the dash but still couldn't find anything resembling a hole to fit the sensors into. Do they both go into the upper vents, left and right?

Also the procedure for sensor coding/flap test and AC run in test would be amazing, I do have VCDS to hand.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Interesting thread. I thought about this but stopped after I learned it wasn't a simple panel swap like in the MK6.

Do you plan on also swapping the ducting, or just the panel and adding the sensors for functionality?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Any chance you could do a very, very brief 'how-to' on the install? I've bought the Aliexpress kit with the adapter cable and the 2x temp sensors.

I removed the side panels on the dash but could not find the rubber grommets that require removal on the upper vents. I even popped out the small cubby flap by the drivers knee and removed it, so I could get my arm up into the dash but still couldn't find anything resembling a hole to fit the sensors into. Do they both go into the upper vents, left and right?

Also the procedure for sensor coding/flap test and AC run in test would be amazing, I do have VCDS to hand.

Which kit did you buy? I've been considering this kit because I'm a sucker for technology. Would be going in an SE without the dual zone climate control. From what I've read, it can be used, but it won't add the dual zone control. Have to use the 'sync' function, but the added sensors do add the ability to have auto temp control.

Leozyo

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
Which kit did you buy? I've been considering this kit because I'm a sucker for technology. Would be going in an SE without the dual zone climate control. From what I've read, it can be used, but it won't add the dual zone control. Have to use the 'sync' function, but the added sensors do add the ability to have auto temp control.

Hi i'd like to consider this aswel, so from what i am understanding, do you have manual airconditioning at the moment?

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
This is the kit I've just bought, which comes with the panel itself, trim cover, adapter cable which goes from the single plug to double plug on the back of the climate unit and 2x temperature sensors which go into the air vents, however I'm not sure where exactly they go.

My car is a GT TDi 2.0 BMT, not a base model but comes with the horribly basic manual control panel and heated seats. Just seems like a really odd mixture, especially coming from a MK4 GT TDi which had climatronic which worked absolutely perfectly.

From what I understand, when you fit this climate control unit, it will work in 'sync' mode only, rather than driver/passenger separate compartments. I'm absolutely fine with this, I just want to have a similar system to the MK4 climatronic where I can have air coming from more than 2 of the vents symultaneously, actually maintains the cabin temp and hopefully allows me to demist the front screen with the push of a button... like my 20 year old golf used to...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This is the kit I've just bought, which comes with the panel itself, trim cover, adapter cable which goes from the single plug to double plug on the back of the climate unit and 2x temperature sensors which go into the air vents, however I'm not sure where exactly they go.

My car is a GT TDi 2.0 BMT, not a base model but comes with the horribly basic manual control panel and heated seats. Just seems like a really odd mixture, especially coming from a MK4 GT TDi which had climatronic which worked absolutely perfectly.

From what I understand, when you fit this climate control unit, it will work in 'sync' mode only, rather than driver/passenger separate compartments. I'm absolutely fine with this, I just want to have a similar system to the MK4 climatronic where I can have air coming from more than 2 of the vents symultaneously, actually maintains the cabin temp and hopefully allows me to demist the front screen with the push of a button... like my 20 year old golf used to...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I assume you had the one that looks like this, right?

download.jpeg

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'

The locations for the temp sensors are on the side vents high and to the rear. If you youtube golfwagen he has a video of the temp sensors location.